Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally can boost to 7.5 psi but the highest i can see now is 4-5 psi... and as i drive at wot it sometimes goes down to 2 psi. i made a boost leak tester and found and sealed up all my boost leaks through my couplers. still low boost!! can a vacuum leak some where in the vacuum system cause me not to boost above 3-4 psi?? any suggestions please!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
What BoV do you have?
I have a friend that had the same problem on his mk3 supra turns out the the bov didn't close all the way and it was leaking very little.Also check your intercooler, exhaust,wastegate.

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have a "s" pipe with a greddy type s and a "s" pipe with a hks ssqv. and they dont leak so i dont think its that.. im begining to think its the intercooler but is there anyway to check and see if that would be the problem??

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i made a thing where i can pressurize my system... but i found the problem... :( it was the intercooler!! i put the small one back on and there was all my boost!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Do you have a bigger intercooler?
Bigger intercooler need more air in the intercooler, so if you did replace it with a bigger one, psi should have drop

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no it wasnt leaking. we pressurized my system to 10 psi and had no leaks. and it is a better intercooler but not very much bigger. i dont think is good to go from 7.5 psi to 3-4 psi. the only thing i can think of is it wasnt built correctly and is less effiecient..

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i talked to my friend and he said to take the vacuum line off that goes from the compressor to the wastegate off and run it to a different source on the intake manifold and just plug up the nipple on the compressor. im gonna try that and see what happens...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts