Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Boosted NA
Joined
·
246 Posts
yeah...

I went NA-T in a weekend as well... that includes the IC piping along with the full conversion... The only problem I had was that one of my 440 injectors wasn't sealing right on the fuel rail so I had to keep taking the manifold off, but other than that it went smoothly and haven't had any problems since...

NA-T club!

Nick AKA Soupskees
 

· Now...Whitesupra94
Joined
·
3,498 Posts
so after i stop playing around with NA, im going basic turbo kit...(auto tranny, cant do any serious power) i want 280-320rwhp at somewehre between 5 and 8 psi.

i already have an AFC and will tune the fuel with that ,and im OBD1

my plan is
-SMIC and piping( do i need custom piping?)
-exhaust manifold and medium sized turbo(something that can reach about 500whp maxed out)
-BOV
-wastegate
-Oil feed and return lines

-stock Max airflow sensor, stock injectors, stock headgasket, stock midpipe on the car.

what else would i need, how much do you think i'd need to alter timing, and can i vent the BOV to the atmosphere?

thanks guys
Bob
 

· Now...Whitesupra94
Joined
·
3,498 Posts
Rocky28072 said:
blacksupra, you will need to reroute the bov to the intake or else it will cause the car to stall
have i listed all i need for a complete base kit?

also...can you still hear the BOV if its vented to the intake? I LOVE the sound of blow off...and want that to be audible when i go turbo.

do you need a wastegate AND a boost controller?
 

· NA-T Member
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
Rocky28072 said:
blacksupra, you will need to reroute the bov to the intake or else it will cause the car to stall
not totally true there, kyle. i had my bov routed to atmosphere when i was running the stock maf and it did stall once in awhile. so after some research, i tried the hks safr because it had the eids function and that solved the stalling problem. not sure if the apexi safc has this function though.
 

· Now...Whitesupra94
Joined
·
3,498 Posts
AFC has some funtion that is supposed to prevent stalling in open atmoshpere blow off valves....but i dont know of anyone who has actually used it or knows how to tune it.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
bobmarley said:
Hmm.. what would be nice is if the next person to go NA-T documented and took pictures of the whole thing from start to finish.... each step they took and what to watch out for....

project silver bullet

There's plenty of info and pics in that thread that should help ppl going NA-T. And not to piss anyone off, but if you did your whole NA-T conversion in a weekend then you did not do an oem-quality job, mine is in it's fifth week and will need another week to be completed....you think we're just working extra slow? :rolleyes:
To be fair there was much more to deal with though...VVT-i, OBD-II, SC instead of Supra, first VVT-i car with an SP setup, returnless fuel system has to be converted over, etc.
- Jon
 

· I put up BS Flags
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
Jon,

What is this returnless fuel system you speak of? Is it setup different on OBD2 cars or is this a Lexus SC thing?
 

· Wingless Hardtop Moderator
Joined
·
3,198 Posts
Lex Luthor said:
project silver bullet

There's plenty of info and pics in that thread that should help ppl going NA-T. And not to piss anyone off, but if you did your whole NA-T conversion in a weekend then you did not do an oem-quality job, mine is in it's fifth week and will need another week to be completed....you think we're just working extra slow? :rolleyes:
To be fair there was much more to deal with though...VVT-i, OBD-II, SC instead of Supra, first VVT-i car with an SP setup, returnless fuel system has to be converted over, etc.
- Jon
Whoa.. way to much shit there... you should put it all your usable posts into an HTML document or something.
 

· @turbolex.com
Joined
·
332 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
anyone know how much just a DAVEH manifold and Turbo goes for? How much HP does the turbo is his kit supply again?
I have a PT51 turbo that i will be selling soon, It is perfect for your power needs, did me 320rwhp @ 10 psi, [email protected] 17psi. I am going to a T63E. Anyways just PM me if you are interested, the turbo is in perfect condition... only a few months on it, always timed and i have a BOV :)
$500 shipped

-Derek
 

· Now...Whitesupra94
Joined
·
3,498 Posts
5spd_sc300 said:
I have a PT51 turbo that i will be selling soon, It is perfect for your power needs, did me 320rwhp @ 10 psi, [email protected] 17psi. I am going to a T63E. Anyways just PM me if you are interested, the turbo is in perfect condition... only a few months on it, always timed and i have a BOV :)
$500 shipped

-Derek
that is definately something i'd like to consider. let me know when its offically up for sale. do you by any chance have dyno numbers at less that 10 psi? maybe 8 or 5? it looks like 8psi would be around 300whp and 6psi 280? sound about right?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
ThomsonCharm said:
Jon,

What is this returnless fuel system you speak of? Is it setup different on OBD2 cars or is this a Lexus SC thing?

The returnless fuel system was fitted to the SC's that had the VVT-i motor, not too many made so knowledge is limited, matter of fact no one before has turbo'd a VVT-i motor in an SC, but it's basically the same as the '98 NA MKIV.
 

· Hardtopper
Joined
·
14,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
*** For the OBDII GUYS ***
What exactly are the things we OBDII guys need to look out for and what can we do to resolve them? I figure it would make NA-T alot easier for us OBDII guys if we have atleast an idea of what to look for and how to resolve it. Thanks :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,359 Posts
-if you are using a vpc, you need a mkiv tt chip, since we are hotwire

-a obd2 fooler circuit will be needed if you remove the cat, can be purchased for $55 from casperselectronics.

- ls400 maf will not work for us, unless you swap for obd1 ecu

thats all i can remember, please add on...
 
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top