Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bolts are all removed and it spins freely. We can seperate the bell from the motor about 1-2 inches but it won't come off even with prying. Am I missing something here? Does the shifter have to be in a certain gear or does the tranny have to be lined up a certain way. The motor is a 1jz-gte. Thanks

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
did you remove the slave cyl. and fork? If not then you need to. Once the slave is removed then remove the cvr and pull the fork out

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
mrsc3 said:
the shifter? Does that matter? It is still attached.
Yes that matters A LOT! You can't get it out with the shifter still in the car. Unbolting the pressure plate makes no difference as the clutch is assembled on the motor prior to putting the transmission on.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
um, i didnt see anywhere if you are referring to a manual or auto.
if you have an auto, just unbolt the connecting rod under the car.
you don't have to remove the shifter.

for a 5-speed you will need to remove the shifter retainer which can be reoved inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
259 Posts
remove the shifter, jack up the engine from the front of the oil pan with a scissor jack buffered by a piece of wood to prevent damage.. other wise youll have a hell of a time getting the tranny back in (which im assuming you want to do)... and yea take the freakin shifter out!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts