Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I had my boost controller installed by a local mechanic and it does not seem to be working. It is a blitz DSBC dual solenoid. Pictures 5 and 6 show how my boost controller is hooked up as of right now and you can see the solenoid and where the in and out go in these pictures. In the other pictures I have where I believe they are supposed to go. In pictures 1 and 2, is one of the lines supposed to attach to the top of that actuator? Right now I have an original hose from the car running from the top of that actuator to the side of the turbo. Am I supposed to run the in and out of the solenoid to each of these? In pictures 3 and 4 this shows the side of the turbo where the original hose on the car runs from there to the top of the actuator. Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

·
Girlfriend #1 is a Rider
195 Posts
i have the same problem just that i cant seem to boost high than 8-10psi when i install my aem boost controller. i got a question on pic 5 though, because on my setup, where the plugs are locate, my four plugs are 2 on top and two on the bottom, instead of the one far to the left on top row (where you circle the pic)

·
Registered
22 Posts
ı dont know ıf the jap spec setup ıs dıfferent , but ıt looks the same, wıth the jap spec setup , wıth mıne ıts (the ın pıpe ) ıs connected to the fırst actuator from the turbo sıde and both the outlet for the actuator and the turbo have been blocked.

pıcture 3 , 4, 5 my setup ıs all orıgıanl (not blocked all connected)

pıcture 6 looks good except (my out pıpe) ıs connected through t pıece to top rıght pıpe that goes ınto the flow of cooler..

and my vsv pıpes have been blocked the (the vsv sıts ontop of the distributor).. another way ıs to connect vıa t pıece from fırst actuator and second actuator running a pıpe across .. my fırst setup works fıne..

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone with a US spec that can help too?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can anyone bluntly tell me what is wrong with my current setup and what i need to do?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
good grief you have all control for your EBV/ turbo #1 disconnected and screwed up, when there should be nothing altered from stock in that area shown of pic #5 and 6.

here is all you need to do:

1. return all hoses in the area of pic #5 and #6 to stock set up.

2. The "out" hose of your boost controller should go to the top of your wastegate actuator, shown in your pic #2.

3. The "In" hose of your boost controller should hook to the Turbo outlet nipple that I think you are trying to show in your pic #3 and 4. Another way to identify this turbo outlet, is that in the stock setup the hose that goes to the top of the wastegate actuator (shown in your pic #2) comes from the turbo outlet nipple.

4. Leave your 3 caps in place as shown in pic #1.

That's it. Another easy way to think of this, is that in the stock set-up, simply identify the one short hose going between the turbo outlet nipple, and the top of the wastegate actuator. All boost controllers, whether electronic or manual, basically are just "spliced" into the middle of this one hose.

More pics and description of this is at:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/index.html

·
Stock Twins King
4,514 Posts
In picture #5, that is almost what I originally used for my #1 turbo mod for controlling pre-transition boost.
But if that's someones idea of an install for overboost control, they are way off.

This the the correct way. Picture 6 is correct since your no longer using that line. Also, don't forget to cap off the Wastegate VSV since your not using that anymore.

Here is what it looks like stock.

Now, the way it is installed is weird. From what I can tell, your in permanent TTC. If your not, then you need to replace hoses where your current set up is. If your in permanent TTC, then just cap off all 4 tubes with vac caps.

Here is what it looks like "stock"

My webpage has many more pictures.

Stu

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok guys i got it working another friend of mine actually knew what he was doing so its working great now, first turbo hits 9.5-10psi every time and then boost shoots up and i can hit very high boost. the only thing we changed is we unhooked where we had the in and out going and capped that and then routed it to where they are supposed to go to each nipple at the end of the short hose in the front turbo. seems to be fine now

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes thank you so much for that man i really appreciate it

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, now i have a problem, all i changed today was i unhooked where i had the in and out going, capped where it was and put the hoses in the correct spot. im getting MASSIVE boost now, NOT controllable, could easily hit 21 psi. Do I have to replace the hoses and stuff to stock form in picture 5? would that cause my new overboost problem?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: I replaced the hoses in picture 5, still overboosted like crazy. so i got to thinking maybe my boost controller solenoid is messed up so i unplugged power from it and it is EXACTLY the same still overboosting. is picture 6 correct? i dont really know what else to do.

·
Blue Thunder
3,595 Posts
Dude, in post #9 you said you had it workin'. WHY did you change it again in post #12 ?

Make sure the caps are still on the bottom of the actuator.

Do it just like Stu's first pic and cap off all the other ones. Use screw-on hose clamps.
Boost will just blow those vacuum caps OFF !!!! Giving you an overboosting problem.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol i thought we had it working cuz it was actually boosting. i will take pics tomorow of what it looks like is there something wrong with the caps i used?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i really need some help with this, my car is just boosting insanely too much, half throttle in 3rd gear yielded over 20 psi.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
at idle should i hear the solenoid click?

·
Stock Twins King
4,514 Posts
OK, I think I may know the culprit. BUT................under the FAQ section is a underhood hose routing diagram. STUDY IT~! The hose you refered to on the farthest left that "used" to go to the EBC needs to go directly up and connect to the metal loom where it belongs.

Anyways, I think you have your stock VSV still hooked up. You need to remove BOTH hoses that "used" to go to the wastegate VSV and CAP both VSV ports. Also, Look above in my picture on the stock set up. If you have either of these hoses "open" or not capped, then there is NO way the wastegate actuator can pressurize, hence WILD uncontrolling boost.

Stu

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
stu, are you referring to what is pictured in my picture #1? Those 3 hoses are all capped as seen in the picture. Is there another that needs to be capped? I am going to examine this area today and replace the caps i have there incase there is a leak.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts