Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, my 93 MKIVTT has been acting weird ever since my alarm install, like in the morning when its in the 40's the heater and clock dont work, when i get out of work and its like 85 or above in my car, the heater and clock come right on, i dont know if i should suspect a loose wire/ connection, or a nessed up temp sensor....does that even make sence? a temp sensor wouldnt have ne thing to do with the clock or even the heater controls working.....would it? maybe i will have to take the dash apart and check for loose wires.

thanks,
Brandon

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
I have this exact problem and suspect a loose connection. Mine started when I would hit any size bump. My stereo, 'A' piller electronic gauges, and radar plugged into cig. Lighter would reset. Got so bad that it just stopped working and also affected my ac controls. I have not fixed it yet, but I have found out something else strange. When I time down my car everything turns on and works. I don't loose memory on the units so I believe it is a loose ground or remote wire. It is effected by the heat, some kind of resistance thing. When mine doesn't come on with the car I usually turn on my turbo timer and let it count down while I drive by turning my ignition to acc then back on. Have to then bump up the time every ten minutes to listen to radio. Getto, but will have to do until I can rip out the dash again.

·
Banned
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea yea yea exactly, the temps deff affect it, if its like in the 40's in the mornin nothing works, i go out after work and its like 120 in my car and it all works......it affects me clock and heater/ac controls, and prolly my cig lighter port too bbut i dont ususlly use it for ne thing but my phone.....im pulling the dash tonite or tomarrow, if i figure it out, ill post pix and what i did to fix it! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts