Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car was just down for 2 month cuz of the dreaded BHG after only 1400 miles on a fresh engine. Jarco sent me a new Cometic HG and stock headbolts. I got the head resurfaced but since the engine only had 1400 miles on it I really didnt feel it needed to be resurfaced and just cleaned up the surface. I finished it all up and decided to take it for a test trial and went on a 1400 mile road trip after retorqing the headbolts after 300 miles on the stock toyota bolts. Everything ran great for the entire trip, no overheating or loss of coolant. Then I get back and my bird cage light starts comming on all the time. I figured it was the shitty stock bolts stretching and replaced them with some new ARP's that arrived in the mail right as I got back. I put those on and torqed em down to 85 ft/lbs with ARP's moly lube. Unfortunatly though im still loosing coolant and im stumped as what I should do now. I read a thread on here a couple days ago that talked about the rivits in the Cometic gasket that can cause sealing problems and im wondering if it could be something as simple as that. I really love this car to death and I want to get it fixed but I really dont want to have to pull the engine again. Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ladmo

S

·
0 Posts
if that rivet is in the block to head mating area.. that's probably screwing it up. I've heard it works for some.. but to be safe, you should of pulled it out, that way it can't cause any gaps from a perfect seal. Was there a rivet in the block/head mating area, or does it stick out past it?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess ill just take everything apart again and find out. Hoping its somethin that simple. Are the rivits on the exhaust side the only problem or are there ones else where that need to be removed too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts