Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im not sure where the sounds coming from but it sound like its coming from right under my shift boot and maybe 1 foot towards the rear of the car. Its making a sound like when you roll your tounge. It usually happens (loudest) when im braking around a turn. Sometimes it occurs when im just braking, letting of the gas and letting the rpm lower with it still in gear, or stepping in the clutch aroudn a turn applying the brake. Anyone have an idea of what this could be and how to fix it?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And since today (a coupledays after it started, my car wobles REALLY bad when i take a turn sharp enough then it wont stop wobleing and its terrible up around 25 mph.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now that im thinking about the ticking and wobleing, a broken axle comes to mind. One on the right side. Does that sound right?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some one...please reply, I need it ready to drive to a meet and to and from work up north in about 2 weeks. Please. Sounding like a broken axel? Is there anyone in NW WA around kirkland that could meet up with me one day and take a look at it and talk or something? Seems like everytime i fix a problem, a bigger one arises.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive snapped lots of axles but never on a supra...

Remember, the supras have an independent rear suspension so it isnt a typical axle and if one was snapped youd definetly know it.

I wouldnt rule it out tho.

Jack the car up and shake the rear tires, if one of them wobbles really bad, theres your problem, if not, take a look at the driveshaft while youre down there...

Could be in the suspension too, youre gonna have to inspect it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
yeah soiunds like a wheel bearing?

i havent yet taken the JZA70's rear hubs but its possible that the nut on the end of the shaft is loose and not holding the hub assemble together.

but yeah lifting wheels in the air then checking movement both vertically (bearing) and horizontally (tierods).

good luck

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like ive said before, I'm new to the supra community and have just had problems start to come my way and im 16 so i havnet been to alot of meets and talked with people and traded info so i dont really know what im looking for. Thats why alot of my q's might sound so simple to you all. so i should wiggle my rear tires. and if it goes up and down does that means its the bearing for sure? All i know is what i feel and it feels like my rear wheel is about to fall off. It wobles insanely. Anyone located in the kirkland area that would wanna meet up and bs and check out my problem one day (im a better visual learner) :doh: let me know.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took it to my friends body shop today and they have a engine and suspension section off to the side and so i took it to the suspension guys and let the highest authority guy drive it and they got it up on lift. They checked it out and turns out that when i put my drive line back on when doing my swap, i didnt torque down the bolts tight enough. So the vibration from driving loosened them naturally. The mechanic only had to turn the bolts 1/4 of a turn before they came off ::eeek:: And I need a new C-bearing. Then it should be feeling better with the new rotors coming within the next couple days.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
....C-bearing= carrier bearing. It might also be called center bearing but i was just told carrier bearing. And my step brother kind of bobbled up the mechanics words so i talked to him myself and he said i have about a year or so on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts