Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so. When i start the car it idles just fine, when i tap the gas it revs up like any other 7mgte, but when i let off it dies without even trying to save itself. if i do not touch the gas it will keep idling but rpms will slowly drop . when/if i drive the car however it will let me go through the gears with the afr at 14.0-17.0 but sometimes it will sputter and act like its trying to die, when it does that my afr drops to 10.0. earlier today it was driving just fine, i went and drifted it for a bit and after is when i had my problems, i checked for a vacuum leak but i dont think thats it due to it will still run perfectly fine until i let it sit or i give it gas. any thoughts would be great.

·
Supra Tech
1,750 Posts
Any codes?
Whats your setup? Any mods?
Check for boost leaks?
VTA BOV?
What are you reading your afr's on? WBO2? NBO2?

If your venting to atmosphere on stock electronics then it will go pig rich after a big blow off and could cause your problem. Re-circulate it if that's the case.
A boost leak would also cause similar symptoms. After that I would check ignition since your going rich when it whats to stall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.