Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
On call 24/7
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..I have a problem with my tranmission. It causes vibration and noise (more engine noise) when I throttle the car. At under 3k rpm it's fine..but when I engage it over anything past 3k rpm the vibration begins and gets stronger and stronger. Now I thought it might be the driveshaft, but when I disengage, the vibration isn't as strong as if it was in gear. When I dis-engage the transmission the vibration seems like its coming not from the shifter but more like from tranny core and up. I duno what's wrong. Can anyone help me? I have a Spec Stage 3+ clutch kit. Using a brand new 1jz fw.

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
This may not be of any help but Ive seen this in auto transmissions before many times...especially at certain speeds/RPM combos. I dont rebuild transmissions so I cant really explain why or what the problem is but everytime its happened a trans rebuild was needed.

Like I said this may not apply to you at all being you have a manual and is worst case scenario, but I think its worth mentioning. Basically, I would assume something out out of balance to cause the vibration...flywheel, clutch, internal trans shaft, etc. Im not good with transmission problems/diagnosis but I think there is some merit to what I said.

·
On call 24/7
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man..i would think the same way...I was thinking fw or clutch..but they are both new. I have a Spec Stage 3+ clutch with a 1jz fw brand new. I duno what can possibly happen. I mean maybe a driveshaft issue or a tranny mount?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd quess there is some problem in the fw + clutch install if they have been changed recently...? How long did it work after the changes?

·
V8SLAYR
491 Posts
do you have the stock driveshaft i have a custom one and my car vibrates alot go to driveshaftshop.com and they have a tech artic.to find way ur car vibrate.

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
i have this problem too and it just started i replaced the tranny mound and the output shaft on the tranny and now it vibrates like crazy from 2500 to 4500 rpms then its seems fine the weird thing is that the shifter doesnt vibrate at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts