Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never bought a car from out of state so here is the story- I'm very interested in purchasing a 98 Supra from a private seller in Florida. The set price is $17,000 for the car. I'm flying over there to go check it out and if I like it I will drive it back. Is $17,000 all I need, or will I need more money for transferring the title to my name? State Tax is also a question here. What is the TOTAL amount I would need to drive it back? If someone who went through a similar experience can clear all of this up I would really appreciate it, thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
wow man, I'd never blow my whole wad on a car without keeping something around for a rainy day. It'd suck if that rainy day was the day you bought the car lol. Good luck.

FYI you'll probably be paying tax as soon as you try to plate the car, you'll also need insurance. Plus whatever the cost is to have the car inspected at a shop before you actually buy it.

·
TEXAS JZA80
225 Posts
you will be titling the car in Louisiana I'm assuming, so that wont be added onto the price. If you are taking out a lone and want to roll the cost of purchasing the car, transporting the car, and TT&R into it the you would just need to contact your tax assayers office and find out what the associated costs are going to be when registering the vehicle and add that to your lone. otherwise if your paying out of pocket then the agreed upon price will be all you need to have with you at purchase.

·
Glad To Be Back
1,342 Posts
or you can have me drive it back to NOLA for you...yes Im on the other site and will be in Florida July 1st to the 17th:cool:

·
Glad To Be Back
1,342 Posts
caught me
If its in the Tampa area Ill help you take a look at it when Im down there, if you can hold off that long. Peace!

·
TEXAS JZA80
225 Posts
take him up on this offer, definitely worth having a second set of eyes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts