Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Profec B ?? Always on

Hey all - I wired in my Profec B as directed in the installation manual. Black to ground - red to 12v constant. The problem is that it stays on when the key is removed.

Any suggestions?

Miles

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Indeed. 12v constant with no other power line would keep it on no matter what. How would it know? So like said by mullenc525 there's either a wire for a 12v ignition, or that power you have to the constant 12v goes to the 12c ignition.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My thoughts exactly but why would they say to connect to 12 constant.

I'm going to connect the red to a wire that has power on accessory. Thanks all. :hug:
Sometimes things just seem like common sense but I wanted to field the question in case I was missing something

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
go to your local autozone pick up a inline fuse and do it nice and clean for a couple bucks, this will work on ignition power and plug into a accesory port on drive side kick panel fuse box(radio etc.)

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Wire your Profect to a Switched sourse. Such as the ignition/Radio/ ect. I did my cousin's a few days ago and just wired it into the radio.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Look under your dash. In the wiring harness by your steering column going up to your ignition switch you will see a few pretty thick wires. One is black with a white stripe, one is black with a yellow stripe. T into the black with yellow, it is an accessory wire. Basically it only has power going to it when the key is in the on position, like when the car is running. Just make sure you ground outside of the circuit so it doesnt add resistance. (just ground it out to a the chassis or bolt somewhere) You can T into that wire as many times needed for any accessory as long as you ground it outside of the circuit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts