Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just bought a Profec B and had it installed by a local performance shop. I'll keep them nameless for now until they fix it, heh. Well I get the car back and take out onto the expressway for a few pulls. Well I pull out and get on it, boost jumps to 12 psi and wont go above that. It stays there for a second and then starts bleeding off and falling. Second turbo never comes online. It's like the wastegate was staying pressurized and open. Weird. So I take it back and the shop was closing so they ask me to bring it back the next day. I bring it back and they try a few different things, cap off a hose they didn't do before and tell me it should be good. I go take it for a ride and nope, same thing. Well I come back again today and ask if they have figured out what to do yet and they're still stumped. So I asked if I could just get my money back and take it somewhere else. Of course not. So now I have to wait until next Tuesday and give them a chance to fix it. Does anyone know what could be the problem??? It's hooked up exactly like the DSBC install on MKIV.com and the switches on the back of the unit are right. I can't figure it out and neither can the shop. Any advice, or knowledge you have is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
658 Posts
hard to tell but it may not be the profec b If your 2nd turbo is not coming on, it could be dead) despite no death whine that is not 100%) bad EGCV actuator or vsv, same IACV or EBV or the pressure tank or it could be a boost leak somewhere. TRY TTC if the 2nd turbo works that elimanates a bad turbo and narrows it down to the three other areas I mentioned checking those out is reasonalby easy check out the turbo manual on MK.com tech section it tells you how to do it. I recently had a simialr problem and it turned out to be a load of crud on the EBV the twin turbo when it has problems can be hard to diagnose the repair is usualy cheap but finding it is a major PITA good luck

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dzeiler said:
hard to tell but it may not be the profec b If your 2nd turbo is not coming on, it could be dead) despite no death whine that is not 100%) bad EGCV actuator or vsv, same IACV or EBV or the pressure tank or it could be a boost leak somewhere. TRY TTC if the 2nd turbo works that elimanates a bad turbo and narrows it down to the three other areas I mentioned checking those out is reasonalby easy check out the turbo manual on MK.com tech section it tells you how to do it. I recently had a simialr problem and it turned out to be a load of crud on the EBV the twin turbo when it has problems can be hard to diagnose the repair is usualy cheap but finding it is a major PITA good luck
I really doubt it's the 2nd turbo failing. It was perfectly fine before I brought it in, boosting 18-19 steady. The guy I bought it from had the two hoses going into the solenoid at the 2nd turbo t-ed off and bleeding to each other and then you pulled the two hoses from the VSV above the alternator to get full boost. It's been like that since I bought it. I'm going to try the TTC this weekend, I think the turbo's are fine. My guess is a bad actuator, but it's gonna be a bitch to find it. Can you direct me to where the EBV you had problems with is located, also can I have the link to the turbo manual you're talking about, I can't find it.

Thanks for your help,
Matt

M

·
0 Posts
18~19 psi?
how ofter did u go that high.
i think that's not very good for keeping that high for BPU, right?
that might be the reason?
but good luck, some local performance shop are really SUCK.

be aware!:hammer:

·
Registered
658 Posts
mkivmatt said:

I really doubt it's the 2nd turbo failing. It was perfectly fine before I brought it in, boosting 18-19 steady. The guy I bought it from had the two hoses going into the solenoid at the 2nd turbo t-ed off and bleeding to each other and then you pulled the two hoses from the VSV above the alternator to get full boost. It's been like that since I bought it. I'm going to try the TTC this weekend, I think the turbo's are fine. My guess is a bad actuator, but it's gonna be a bitch to find it. Can you direct me to where the EBV you had problems with is located, also can I have the link to the turbo manual you're talking about, I can't find it.

Thanks for your help,
Matt
the ebv is a little flap valve on the turbo it self to get to it you have to pull the turbo i would check that last for obvious reasons. this problem from various posts is farily common in oler supras. the actuators are not hard to check the egcv is below the alternator and canb accesed from below you know where the actuator for the waste gate is. the IACV is on top of the 2nd turbo. I will find the page for you and e mail you later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts