Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Arrived at SP Engineering today. Now we can see what kind of power she can hold. From the research ive done, i havent been able to find a baseline dyno number. I have gotten the following with 2 different factory ECU mods though, one called the HIgh Torque Ecu, made 339rwhp, the other called the race ECU made 355rwhp, with no other mods. The Highest real dyno numbers ive seen for one, are just under 500rwhp, with the tranny still in tact.

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
You will never stop to amaze me Allan. You never drove the car and your going for a power record!? :lol: Good luck with everything and see you on lambo power! :)

-Olivier

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
whats crazy about the esprit is that the body lines have gone essentially unchanged for decades and although dated still looks great

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I was going to replace the wheels, but these stock wheels are awesome. So i will keep them. I too, have always loved the Esprit, they are a fantastic car, much more fun to drive than any equivalent Ferrari, ie 348-355-360, and inmo much more exotic looking too. I must admit, it has been hard knowing the car is mine, i have never seen it, and now its sitting in CA getting ready to be torn appart!

B

·
0 Posts
Gorgous. Keep the stock wheels too. They're better looking than 99% of the stuff the aftermarket offers.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,890 Posts
I actually see those all the time since I live right near a dealer who sells exotic cars. They are pretty affordable, but, the guys who work there all call them "Glorfied Kit Cars". Not your model but I believe the previous model has modified MKIII lights on the rear, they even say Toyota right on them.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Awesome project! I have always heard that the stock 5-speed would be the weak link for the Lotus, that would be something to consider if you go for mega power. But overall it should be a great, lightweight platform to mod! Looks perfectly nice as is, too!

C

·
0 Posts
It's actually a Yamaha motor.
The VVTLi 1.8 that's in the Celica GT(S).

You should probably rip that big dildo-looking piece of shit wing off the trunk. Beautiful car otherwise.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looks awesome...I've always loved the Esprit but the closes i've come to getting one was getting a brochure in the mail about two years ago.
And definatly keep the wheels they look great and good luck with the project.

Chris

1 - 20 of 35 Posts