Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· tastie treats
2,925 Posts
holy shit bro I'm sorry to hear.

We're here for you.

· Ninja Engineer!
716 Posts
I'll paypal you money for beer, and I'm not even there!! Best of luck....:)

· Registered
508 Posts
sorry about the bad luck you've been having.

one question for you.. is this the same red car from "throwing down the gauntlet one final time" thread? it doesn't appear to be... what happened to that car?

· Pays Cash, No Questions
4,704 Posts
Man, I'm sorry to hear that... I hate to see you do all of this work and be really unhappy with the car's issues. Good luck, man. If you were closer I'd offer some free wrench time for you (I could fix most of those issues within a weekend), but I currently don't know how I could spare some money. Best wishes - don't give up... I know that it's frustrating!

· ---
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

this is as far as ive got. which isnt even a 10th of how far i wanted to be by now. havnt been feeling too well lately. lotta personal issues are slowing me down. i guess at this rate ill have the motor out by the end of the month

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
Shit happens man. It's just part of the hobby. I hate tearing into my car but I love the knowledge you gain from it. Good luck man... it will be worth it in the end.

· ---
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shit happens man. It's just part of the hobby. I hate tearing into my car but I love the knowledge you gain from it. Good luck man... it will be worth it in the end.
Haha, yeah I know that better than anyone. I remember 6 years ago I didn't even know how the turbo's oil system worked. (doing the whole na-t thing I got confused since the block needed to be tapped for it) I've come way far from then.

Also sorry for not getting back to your PM yet, been really busy. I have the intake pipe in my sig and I'm also going to be sleling the cold air one I just made because I have nowhere else to mount my oilcooler and its blowing hot air on it. The inside the engine bay one is powdercoated stainless steel and the other 1 is spray painted aluminum.

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
Haha, yeah I know that better than anyone. I remember 6 years ago I didn't even know how the turbo's oil system worked. (doing the whole na-t thing I got confused since the block needed to be tapped for it) I've come way far from then.

Also sorry for not getting back to your PM yet, been really busy. I have the intake pipe in my sig and I'm also going to be sleling the cold air one I just made because I have nowhere else to mount my oilcooler and its blowing hot air on it. The inside the engine bay one is powdercoated stainless steel and the other 1 is spray painted aluminum.
LOL I remember.. I took a screenshot of that and I have it somewhere where you asked "what goes in here?" and you circled the oil return on the turbo :lol: :lol:

Hook a brother up with some pics of the pipes... what manifold are you running so I know if its oriented closed to my Greddy? Shoot me a PM

Thanks

· Premium Member
11,583 Posts
Please do not imply that we did anything wrong. When that car left our shop in 2004 it was perfect and between that time and the time that you bought the car, the motor was worked on by another shop. There is no way that any car would leave our shop with the engine bay looking like the pics posted.

· ---
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please do not imply that we did anything wrong. When that car left our shop in 2004 it was perfect and between that time and the time that you bought the car, the motor was worked on by another shop. There is no way that any car would leave our shop with the engine bay looking like the pics posted.
It's why I put it in quotes, I'll edit to clarify further.

this is what the engine looked like at time of purchase when the only symptom it had was dropping rpm with the clutch pedal in and a leaky front main seal.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.