1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He does? I saw his car in person...hmmmm I guess I must've missed it. Nick why didnt you come to the meet!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Dukki said:
He does? I saw his car in person...hmmmm I guess I must've missed it. Nick why didnt you come to the meet!!!!!!:)

Dukki,
At first I wasn't sure if this post was from the one and only Dukki I know or an imposter using that name ;)

You don't know how sorry I was to miss the meet :( But unavoidable family stuff intervened which made it impossible for me. In my next life I'm staying single ....unless somebody develops sequentials capable of 650whp ;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nick, I changed my sn...that sn I made when I was 16 years old was getting old and immature...so yea...

Hope you make it to the next big meet.:D
Nick 95 6sp said:
Dukki,
At first I wasn't sure if this post was from the one and only Dukki I know or an imposter using that name ;)

You don't know how sorry I was to miss the meet :( But unavoidable family stuff intervened which made it impossible for me. In my next life I'm staying single ....unless somebody develops sequentials capable of 650whp ;)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I remember when I went to Mackin (the distributer for Project Mu) to test fit my rims, the guy there who helped me out made a comment that kept me from getting them. He said he wouldn't recommend the Project Mu Brake Kit because it came without a dust shield/hat. He said because of this, the calipers would have to be rebuilt a whole lot sooner since the dirt would get trapped in and eventually the brakes would not work as good as if they were new. I don't know if this is true or if he was full of bs.

Can anybody chime in on this? Do other brake kits have dust shield/hat?

-Enrique

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Dukki said:
Does any one have any experience or information on them?
Damn,i just saw this.

Well where do i start.The reason i went with the Project mu disc,is i thing the supra has one of the best braking system of any high performance cars,so i didn't feel it was necessary to upgraded bigger brakes.So all i wanted was lighter disc to get read of some unsprung weight,I call Stoptech,they didn't have any and they felt their was no market for two piece rotors.
SO i came across the Project mu's,they were kind of expensive $600 for the pair.Well i order them and it took me four months to get them :rolleyes: .While calling everyone to fine out why,i finally got an answer,they were in the middle of redisigning them from the old ones in the picture above to the ones i have.

Well to cut a long story short,i got them in and a was not disappointed.I am using carbotech bobcat disc with them and they are better than then stock disc.they are about 2mm thinker than stock and about 4mm in diameter.
I am very happy with them and i save myself a ton of cash.

Ya i know :blah:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
kingerm said:
I remember when I went to Mackin (the distributer for Project Mu) to test fit my rims, the guy there who helped me out made a comment that kept me from getting them. He said he wouldn't recommend the Project Mu Brake Kit because it came without a dust shield/hat. He said because of this, the calipers would have to be rebuilt a whole lot sooner since the dirt would get trapped in and eventually the brakes would not work as good as if they were new. I don't know if this is true or if he was full of bs.

Can anybody chime in on this? Do other brake kits have dust shield/hat?

-Enrique
It is not true all big brake kit,you have to remove the dust shield or cooling shield.The only way dirt that would affect your braking like that is if you take your car mud driving.

That guy is full of it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
831 Posts
jam98tt said:
Damn,i just saw this.

Well where do i start.The reason i went with the Project mu disc,is i thing the supra has one of the best braking system of any high performance cars,so i didn't feel it was necessary to upgraded bigger brakes.So all i wanted was lighter disc to get read of some unsprung weight,I call Stoptech,they didn't have any and they felt their was no market for two piece rotors.
SO i came across the Project mu's,they were kind of expensive $600 for the pair.Well i order them and it took me four months to get them :rolleyes: .While calling everyone to fine out why,i finally got an answer,they were in the middle of redisigning them from the old ones in the picture above to the ones i have.

Well to cut a long story short,i got them in and a was not disappointed.I am using carbotech bobcat disc with them and they are better than then stock disc.they are about 2mm thinker than stock and about 4mm in diameter.
I am very happy with them and i save myself a ton of cash.

Ya i know :blah:
Just what I've been waiting to hear from someone! :bowdown:
May I ask who you ordered them from and how long you've had them on the car? What weight savings (or how much do they weigh) ?
Know if they're in stock in the U.S. right now?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Will2 said:
Just what I've been waiting to hear from someone! :bowdown:
May I ask who you ordered them from and how long you've had them on the car? What weight savings (or how much do they weigh) ?
Know if they're in stock in the U.S. right now?
I order them through suprastore.com and i think Titan.com can get them too,I have had them on the car for about two years now with no problems at all.I have being to scca evens with no problem either.I will be getting my brake fluid flush soon and will be using Mutol 600.

I don't remember the weight differents,but they were lighter.You can call Mackinindustries,since they are the sole importer for them.

·
Registered
831 Posts
jam98tt said:
I order them through suprastore.com and i think Titan.com can get them too,I have had them on the car for about two years now with no problems at all.I have being to scca evens with no problem either.I will be getting my brake fluid flush soon and will be using Mutol 600.

I don't remember the weight differents,but they were lighter.You can call Mackinindustries,since they are the sole importer for them.
Big Thanx!

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
How much weight would you save? I'd save my money ... that's a crazy price for rotors for no significant gain.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts