Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here i sit in ky while sean slaves away finishing my car up. he sent me pics- its 95% done :) just gotta do some wiring and odds and ends. i hope to go back to get it today but the weather isnt looking good :( have to wait and see what happens.
this is the other thread if you havent seen what has happened up to this point.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153920&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

here are the current pics-

i cant thank sean (x-man), les and jamey enough for all of their hardwork.

dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
Very nice looking. Passed your car a few times taking a friend home, always wondered what it looked like under the hood.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
stop being a wuss and go to his door and talk to the dude. Met a cool 87 NA driver the other night like that in front of an Auto parts store

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bahamut- thanks :)

cassio said:
stop being a wuss and go to his door and talk to the dude. Met a cool 87 NA driver the other night like that in front of an Auto parts store
lol
most ppl dont come to my door because of the 95lb rottweiler that sits on the porch.
you sure it was my car? only time it sits outside is when im home for just a few min and leaving again or im at my friends house. maybe you see it at my friends house. maybe i'll see ya sometime. always enjoy meeting local supra guys

take care
dave

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
looking goood dude!!!! :bigok: i wanna c some #'s after all is said and done

chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
i forget the name of the street it was on... but it's right off old harrords creek rd. i'm pretty sure it was your car it looked just like the pic in your sig of your car at biggs.

also if anyone was outside when i passed by i probly would of stopped but i'm not going to knock on somones door just because they have a supra, even if it is as cool as dave's :)

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys!

str8jakett- yes its in VA right now. outside of Dublin.

DLC-its the duplicolor metalcast. you have to prep the heck out of it then adhesion promotor, a few coats of silver metallic basecoat then the metalcast blue. got it at autozone.

lenny- the heatshield sits a bit above the hotside and there is clearance b/w the heatshield and the hoses. it should be ok but gonna wrap in thermo blanket just to be safe.

dave

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
lol, ya sean sent me some pics of your car. Its looking really good! He has put a LOT of work into it. his car looks badass too! I can't wait til you guys start showin it off some more!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Jamey,Les,Dave and I put in a few long hours in on the car. Dave is a great guy and I was glad to be a part of this. The car runs very smooth, even with the 680's in it untuned. I haven't driven it, I'll save that for Dave, but it is very quiet at idle. Only sound you hear is the injectors clicking. Dave Henry's kit is a nice job from start to finish. Very well thought out and some high quality pieces and a great alternative for people looking for a great turbo kit without a second house payment. The materials used are very durable and the port work on the manifold is beautiful. You end up with a very clean looking engine compartment and alot of room to work in even with the kit in place. The injectors in both our cars are a joint venture between Dave B. and Dave H. and operate smoother than the RC's I had in mine before.
Sean

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks sean :)

its been snowing all day and it looks even worse in VA. looks like i'll have to wait til next weekend to pick it up unless things get a lot better come tomorrow. :(

i need to finish the wiring for the gauges, tt and ebc. all wiring i had was ripped out (you can see a big bundle of wire in the first pic by the firewall). im making a custom distribution block to mount either inside on the kickpanel or mounted on the firewall. im using barrier strip blocks and mounting in a custom enclousure. will have 4 wires in (12v, switch 12v, ground, illum) and multiple feeds out for everything. should help clean up the wiring mess and help for future upgrades. i'll post pics of that when im finished if anyone is interested along w/ more engine pics.

after that i gotta get the fuel trim as close as i can til i can break in the motor and dyno to fine tune. im happy its all coming together :)

dave

G

·
dbsupra - I was curious, I had talked to X-man on VaSupras.com and he mentioned a little project he was working on.

X-man - I don't know if you remember me mentioning coming to Virginia for a few days, but I'll be leaving on Wed. I'll be in the Dublin/Christiansburg area. If you want to meet up or something, pm me, we'll be taking my girlfriends 90t on the trip.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts