Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

· Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope this isnt considered advertising.

here is a project i've been working on. designing a kit for a complete R32 GTR conversion to a US LHD S14. The object has been to keep LHD, AC, PS, and most importantly, AWD. This car will be our SEMA booth centerpiece and on the cover of modified magazine for the Nov SEMA issue

here are some project pics. this is the first place i have posted any info on the project:

here is the clip on the pallet. we mocked up a 42102R/dual44s turbo manifold while the clip was together

here is the completed modified S14 subframe. This has been modified by adapting the entire GTR driveline -- GTR Diffs, Axles, Brakes, Hubs, etc

In order to improve overall chasiss stiffness before the cage was installed, the entire car had every seam stitch welded, and then riveted. Here are two shots of the belly

here is the subframe and suspension just lined up. just to give you an idea of location

Now the engine and subframe and trans are in the car.

· Hardcore Night Warrior
3,990 Posts
Full Race Geoff said:
ill be sure to post some pics once we get the GM Hydramtic transmission on the K series honda too :)

What the heck?! TH series trans backing a Honda K? What's it going in?

· Administrator
20,577 Posts
I'm pretty sure the ATTESSA system won't be making the trip over to the new donor. I chatted with Geoff about it a bit, and it's going to have a manually adjustable split.

aNskY said:
how come i havent seen this on any of the 240 boards? people have been talking about doing this but i have never seen a completed project. an atessa s14 would be sick, keep it up! :bigthumb:

· Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the kind words guys. ive been working very hard on this project, and its great to get some positive input

Steve Theodore said:
With you, I never know if you're joking or serious! :eek:
very serious!! rarely do i kid about technical things :)

chevydude said:
TH series trans backing a Honda K? What's it going in?
hydramatic FWD trans, its the one used on the GM cobalts. going into an EG civic hatch

aNskY said:
how come i havent seen this on any of the 240 boards? people have been talking about doing this but i have never seen a completed project. an atessa s14 would be sick, keep it up! :bigthumb:
becuase its not ready for those boards just yet :) i too have heard/seen many people do it, but to actually go through and design the kit is no easy task. 10-14 hour days every day since april, 2 engineers, 1 fabricator.

Ill post it all over when all r&d is finished, and the patent is applied for.

· Registered
11 Posts
I think everyone knows that when you say you are going to do it, its going to get done. Can't wait to see the finished product. is the motor going to have that turbo on it from the get-go? i would love to see how an awd s14 would compare to a r32 relatively stock. I must say this is definately an inspirational project. Thanks for showing us your project.

· Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wilks said:
If you guys are looking into making any manfolds for the z32 300zx, I have some new greddy tubular manifolds you could borrow for a while.
to be honest, the z32 300zx is one of my alltime favorite cars. However the VG is one of my all time least favorite engines

i know alot of current z32 owners will be against this, but that chassis with a good KA24 or SR20 would wipe up the floor with a VG, and it would handle well to boot...

so long story short, no manifolds are in the works, but 4 cyl conversion kits are :) and it really is a much better idea than it sounds... the reasons for converting a z32 to 4 cyl make sooooooo much sense

· Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
klh6686 said:
I think everyone knows that when you say you are going to do it, its going to get done. Can't wait to see the finished product. is the motor going to have that turbo on it from the get-go? i would love to see how an awd s14 would compare to a r32 relatively stock. I must say this is definately an inspirational project. Thanks for showing us your project.
thanks alot! we work really really hard here. once we have an idea, if it is possible to do, we will do it. If its not worth it, we will abandon it. In the past few years i have built a LOT of different cars, from supras to mr2s to hondas to NSX, RSX etc etc. Nothing has the potential that the s13/s14 chassis, or the value! so much bang for the buck with the nissan stuff, its unreal

ive been getting complete front clips for about 4k. that engine, awd, front susp EVERYTHING to build a GTR.

I really hope this car can help push our hobby to the next level. if people all over the country started building s13/s14 to gtr ...omg ...there will be some fast cheap cars that can handle like mad

· Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rookie84 said:
I can't wait to see the finished product either! I now feel the strong urge to ditch my G and build R14... haha. Keep us updated and good luck! :)
haha good idea!! Z33 chassis are sooo reidiculously difficult to build. I love the cars as daily drivers with the intenet of havign some fun, but it is just wayyy too much work to make them fast and reliable.

if youre on any g35/350z sites would you post these pics in the f/i forum? id be interested to see what people think?

i will post some more recent pics of the project later this afternoon. all the susp is mounted, everything is in place

· Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BreakNeck said:
Awesome Project....Would this setup be possible in a z32? Or is the bay to small?
to be honest, i am picking up a z32 in 2 weeks to find out. a buddy has an rb26 rwd in his z and said it was simple, just had to cut the rad support... but i havent seen it in person... to be perfectly honest, it should actually be an easier swap in the front, and more difficult in the rear than in the s13/s14 chassis due to the rear already being BEEFY and the front end already sharing the same front susp. you would have to change the z32 gear ratio however

the plan is to mockup the z32, then more than likely put an sr in the z and keep my s14 the awd monster

· 8 Second 6spd
1,971 Posts
good luck... the work involved sounds pretty intimidating

1 - 20 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.