Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my project is comming along nice...i was at the shop all day yesterday working on installing the motor and tranny....
im gonna post some pics so far....

on the way to the shop

clip...jzx81 5spd

engine in the clip

analyzing the situation

dropping it in

tranny bracket being made

the set up is going well..the shifter is a little forward but we will cut and bend and correct it....motor mounts will be worked on in the next comming days....
since im not running a.c im going to move the engine a little forward which gives me alot more room around the engine and room to work....i will be putting my electric fans in front of the koyo radiator for extra clearance
the tansmission tunnel fits the tranny just fine...a custom mount will connect to a stock s13 vlsd rear end...
comments and such are welcomed...i have worked slowly on this project for over 2 years now...so its very excting to see it where it is today...hopefully running by the end of the month..
Jeff

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
very nice! i like to see that kind of enginuity...!

i will be fabbing up my mounts for my x-member since the premade ones are on back order.

how much was towing your car to the shop? mine has to travel 10 miles and i want to make sure im not getting shafted when i have to flat bed it.

-ian

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clip is gone body parts were trash...everything good went to jdm cress...

towing was courtesy of AAA
but the driver said it would have been about $79 for the 5 mile tow
cant wait till the mounts are done...ill have more pics...
Jeff

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
:wtflol: :rofl: While you have it at Henry's shop, you should get a 4in lift and 33's!!!! LOL

Honestly it's starting to look really impressive. Can't wait till she's finally running. I'm also glad to see that you are going with a 5spd instead of the auto you wanted so bad before. My project looks to be coming along just as good as yours. We finished applying the fresh coats of paint about 2 weeks ago (looks awesome in my opinion). Also going to be installing the new fans this weekend. It currently has a total of 4 fans, looks like it will have 5 by the time i'm done with it... And I'm also going to be installing a few other things this weekend. I'll keep you posted Jeff, looks like i'll be done :x: hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

Let me know how your project comes along.

Dan

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you like henrys magic huh....he is who i trusted on the fabricating...lol

car is coming along nice..im hoping to start it up in 2 weeks...lets see....
lemme know if aly and i can help on the house man :)
gimmie a call
jeff

·
Registered
923 Posts
very nice. cant beat a 1jz with a stick :)

Looks like you have sway bar issues too? I couldnt clear mine on my conquest by 1/8th and inch or so.I'm raiing my engine about 3/8t with some mount spacers to keep the pan from getting taken out, as we decided the pan was hanging way to low with coil overs on. Woulda been taking out by a speedbump, or rut in the highway lol. I love seeing 1jz projects! Get a short shifter ebcause the stock jzx81 feels like you are driving a truck.

·
Registered
986 Posts
project looking good man!

btw those thick mount looking things that were in the ziplock back were for the coilovers right??? im not too familiar with coilover suspension but they are installed and ride pretty damn nice. sure beats cut springs =)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah those thick pieces were mounted to the bottom of the coilovers...just figured id send em too cause i didnt know if they were needed or not...like those sway bar links....
did you install the rear teins and kybs also?.
glad it all worked for ya.....

hopefully another 2 weeks and we will have start up on the car

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Very good, we gotta get pics over on 1jzgte.com!

Any pics of the final shifter location?

·
Registered
583 Posts
My RB25DET 240 is on the lift right now and after looking at the pictures of the 1JZ sitting in the engine bay from underneath. It looks as if the RB25 (r33) front crossmember would work with the 1jz mounts. If the mounting plates on the crossmember are at the correct angle. You would simply have to drill the hole for the stud to go though.

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
You doing all the work at Henry's shop Jeff? Or is Abraham going to wave his magic wand and bless it for you also ? LOL

Did I ever give you that pulley? I can't rememer if i did. I also have that Turbo Time for you too...

Dan

·
Registered
583 Posts
Here are some pics of my RB25 mounted in my S13. See how the mounting plates on the crossmember are in the right spot. I am not sure about the angle or height though.

**ignore the rust I had a leaking water pump I replaced a few months ago. :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
as far as my car......i have done EVERYTHING myself except the welding of the motor mounts and tanny mount and making the drive shaft....everything else has been all my labor so far......and the wiring will be done by lucian

as for the pump pulley..i got it already......but the Turbo timer i definitly need...i wanna come by and see house...let me know agian how we can help out

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rickys auto in miami...i have heard lots of bad things about him..but i went over the clip pretty well and everything seems in place.....he even started it up for me and let it run for a while...so hopefully everyhting is ok....if not i got the 3.0l block in the garage :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rb240...those mounts do look pretty acurate...was that a kit you bought or was that a custom job?....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts