Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My step father and I have started on project 240. It has a long way to go, but it will all workout in the end i hope. The swap thats taking place is a 2JZ GTE into my 240sx.

The original motor that once took the empty spot in the bay was a SR20DET, but I could never see it making power I wanted. It was a tossup between the RB26 & the 2JZ.

On to the pics

------THE CAR[SUMMER 06]-----

----Before Motor Pull-----

Saturday April 6/07 - Day One

Started Day Like This

Found Some Rust After Some Stripping

My Step Father doing some work

Saturday April 7/07 - Day Two

--Got a late start to the day around 6pm but still managed to get some welding of all the rust spots done & some sand blasting in!----

----Got 2 Nice Action Shots ----

I will post day 3 later tonight & also the parts i have gotten so far for the swap!
Time to go do some sand blasting!!!
LOL SHOULD BE FUN :)

·
Dirty Panty Sniffer
556 Posts
good luck with this. i wanna see a video when your done. if your selling anything off of your sr20 let me know. i wanna build another one. their fun.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Saturday April 8/07 - Day Three

took some better pics of stuff from day two, also whatever was done on day three. We didn't end up doing a lot since we had to head down to the grandparents house. In the pics below i didn't end up gettin a pic of all the sandblasting that took place. This should also be the last update until the weekend unless i have some free time or i pickup some parts.

Battery tray was taken out and welded in a new sheet
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parts!!! [These are the parts that are paid for but just dont have all of them yet][still more parts to go but i will post them once i pay/order them]
----------
1JZ Bellhousing
7MGTE Tranny
Volk GT-U [275F 305R]
Solid Subframe Aluminum Bushings
Stance Full Coils
SW Water Temp Gauge
Flexalite Dual Puller Fans
CryO2 Tank & Installation Kit 10LB
Brembo GT Series Brakes
AEM EMS [Includes. Map Sensor [3.5 bar]. GM Intake Air Temp Sensor & Connector
TDF Engine Mounts
7MGTE Clutch

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Looks like it'll be a nice ride when finished. Good luck.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
I smell a tax return spending spree.:agreed:

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
Oh how fun!!! Nice lookin Zenki u got there. Gosh I really miss my Kouki s14 :tear: I truly regret sellin it.
Do you have plans to do a Kouki headlight front end conversion? Drifting possibly?
Well good luck and plz keep us posted on the progress of ur car :love:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I smell a tax return spending spree.:agreed:
TAX return LOL i wish.

i plan drag/track [more street than anything[car only comes out on weekends or at night during the week sometimes]]

front end-----i plan the s15 front carbon hood, carbon fenders, carbon front bumper LOL when i have lots of money. First its getting the engine in and running, then making more hp on stock twins or going single right away not sure depnds on $$$. if i dont end up doing carbon front end then just s15 conversion but just carbon hood.

1 - 20 of 342 Posts