Supra Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
great build Olav I was thinking of swap rhd-lhd too many times and always chicken out
its a lot of work that for sure but look at it now pure Beauty
great to have you back

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
great build Olav I was thinking of swap rhd-lhd too many times and always chicken out
its a lot of work that for sure but look at it now pure Beauty
great to have you back
Yeah, you have to be a body shop mechanic or something and do the work yourself, else it will just cost too much I'm sure. This car was bought when the rhd jdm cars were very cheap, and V160 prices was manageable. If you buy a jdm rhd tt auto today and have it LHD swapped at a shop, and buy the parts to V160 convert it, I'm pretty sure you could just buy a LHD 6speed for the same money.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
See update in 1st post

LHD conversion job

I only have a few of the photos in digital format, so most of the photos are pictures of the printed ones i have, so the quality is so so.

A crashed LHD supra was bought and shipped from the US as a donor car

Stella was stripped down and the conversion job could begin, I'll let the pictures speak for the rest of the job.

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Incredible work, Olav! I couldn't imagine taking on a project like that.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
The plan was to build this car further during this winter, but my new garage ended up finishing much later than i hoped, and it also blew the budget as per usual 😅

I need to put billet mains in for my desired power goals, so i need to pull the engine, which means I'm running out of time, and money for that matter, to finish the build before spring. I really want to drive this car all summer, so i don't want to risk missing half of it, or more, waiting on this build to finish.

I'll leave some teasers for now since a lot of goodies has already arrived, there won't be any major updates until next fall/winter I'm afraid.

Plazmaman double rail intake

Radium in tank surge tank. It has one lift pump, and 3 walbro 416 lph pressure pumps. Enough to deliver roughly 1800hp worth of fuel on E85. Two pumps would be enough for my power goals, but the price difference really wasn't that much, and better to be safe than sorry, so i went with 3. Pumps are pre fitted by radium, and all wires are terminated, ready to use, plug and play, gotta love that!

Borg Warner S400SX-E 76/100, AR 1,05

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)

6-boost twin scroll manifold. Plazmaman had these when i ordered the intake, read some good stuff about them. Considering they are very reasonably priced i am curious to see how it performs.

Also got some new wheels. Went down from 19" to 18", so it sits a little higher now, think I'm going to lower it a smidge in the front.

The rears that are on now are the two piece version in 17x8, the fun-haver set, i have another 3-piece set matching the fronts for more serious stuff in 18x10,5

Fresh Nankang AR1's in the front, dying to test these and compare them to the infamous R888's. Ive only heard good stuff about these so far.

The fronts are 18x9,5 ET37. I regret the offset somewhat, they stick out too far in the wheel well for my liking, too much form, not enough function. Might re-barrel these some day if they give me trouble with scrubbing on track.

There is a lot more Radium goodies for the fuel system, but pictures of that will have to wait until build time i think.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
WOWZA, very impressive! Nice garage and Supra!
Thanks! I am very happy with the garage, just missing some electrical work and water feed then it's done. The white epoxy topping on the floor does wonders for the lighting, the only light that was on while these pictures were taken was the temporary one you can see in picture 3 in the last post. I think i payed approximately $1K for the epoxy coating, worth every penny. The floor is also very easy to clean!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Are you still proceeding with making a (no chassis cutting) spare tire well fuel cell?
Yes, but the timeline has changed somewhat. The build is a bit on hold due to the corona situation and some other personal stuff. I got the fuel cell drawn in CAD, it's just the actual fab work that's left. Not sure when the build will continue at full speed, might not be until next year unfortunately.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts