Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to mention this for the NA-T folks since I haven't seen it mentioned much except for facebook. A company is working on a lower ge runner to gte intake which keeps the factory position of the GTE upper, and is properly port matched. I got in on he preorder, so just waiting on the shipment.

I'm not affiliated with this company in any way, just wanted to give people another option for going FFIM, rather than use the adapter plates which often don't fit well. (I have 2 of them)

Gas Machine Automotive super charger part Automotive design Auto part

Gas Camera accessory Cameras & optics Auto part Camera

Tool Font Gas Electric blue Plastic

Cost is decent at $349 dollars. They do mention you can't use the ge fuel rail sine the fpr will hit the throttle body. You can move it or run a remote fpr though.

They have a prototype ready. Looks pretty good.
Automotive tire Fluid Font Automotive wheel system Gas

·
From the land down under
5,163 Posts
Very cool, and the plenum seems to sit a bit lower that the GTE unit.

Not to get too far off topic, but what turbo manifold is that turbo bolted to? Its sitting very low...

·
Registered
1993 JDM 5spd SZ hardtop in 202 blek.
391 Posts
Very cool, and the plenum seems to sit a bit lower that the GTE unit.

Not to get too far off topic, but what turbo manifold is that turbo bolted to? Its sitting very low...
I believe it sits every so slightly higher than the GTE unit (on the GTE). Most of the billet adapters that mate the GE lower runners to the GTE upper raise the manifold so that it's nearly touching the bonnet when closed. Such a good solution this IMO and keen to see how it develops.

Reactions: zupar1187

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Solid option but what's the average price and availability on a OEM GTE FFIM with rail and injectors? I feel like this project would add up to more than you think, just to end up with a stock manifold. I guess you'll at least get to keep the battery in the factory location and save that time and effort but otherwise, I don't see much benefit here. Just playing devils advocate and thinking out loud. I still love to see new development like this as long as it brings benefit to the community.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Solid option but what's the average price and availability on a OEM GTE FFIM with rail and injectors? I feel like this project would add up to more than you think, just to end up with a stock manifold. I guess you'll at least get to keep the battery in the factory location and save that time and effort but otherwise, I don't see much benefit here. Just playing devils advocate and thinking out loud. I still love to see new development like this as long as it brings benefit to the community.
Before the adapter plates were more widespread, you could get a gte upper for a couple hundred dollars. I got mine for 300, but once you add in all the sensors and the lower runners, you could be well into the 800 dollar range. Bang for buck, the ebay style FFIM is probably a better option, but you have to keep in mind all the relocating you have to do with that.

·
From the land down under
5,163 Posts
I believe it sits every so slightly higher than the GTE unit (on the GTE). Most of the billet adapters that mate the GE lower runners to the GTE upper raise the manifold so that it's nearly touching the bonnet when closed. Such a good solution this IMO and keen to see how it develops.
Ive always thought that too, but the photo taken looking at the front of the GE VVTI engine at the start of this thread "appears" to sit lower than any others I have seen.

It may be an optical illusion though 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the guy posted some recent info. You'll need to use the fuel rail he is developing for this manifold due to the gte throttle body. It looks like a 4 port rail with 8 orb connections.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,473 Posts
very cool, I see this for people who don’t care about more than 1000whp. They can use stock and make it look clean and stocking. 4 -8 rob ports is a little overboard in a stock manifold lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts