Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference between the 71gts and gtq. I know its the wheel but which is better? Thanks,
Jon

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Edit... Ryan had it backwards... The GTS is the larger exhaust wheel. The GTQ is discontinued for the T71 but the GTS is definetly a higher horsepower turbo without a noticeable lag difference.

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
You have that backwards...... the GTS is larger and makes more HP. In all of my testing they almost spool identically.... I do not sell GTQs anymore because of this.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thats what I needed to know thanks and does the turbo need a break-in period or can you just start doing dyno pulls with it and not harm it? also is this true?Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSardinas
Is that the anti-surge housing?can the Pte 74gts fit on a T78 greddy kit. I was looking at the 71gts and they said that it bolts right up. but thats as big as I can go with my kit. I see it has a 4 bolt flange. but I think my exhaust is a 3 1/2? Very interested. Thanks. Jon

No, it does not have an anti-surge housing. You dont need it. Yes, it will fit on the Greddy manifold. It will bolt right up and you can also use your 3.5" exhaust. That's not a problem.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
JonSardinas said:
Thats what I needed to know thanks and does the turbo need a break-in period or can you just start doing dyno pulls with it and not harm it? also is this true?Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSardinas
Is that the anti-surge housing?can the Pte 74gts fit on a T78 greddy kit. I was looking at the 71gts and they said that it bolts right up. but thats as big as I can go with my kit. I see it has a 4 bolt flange. but I think my exhaust is a 3 1/2? Very interested. Thanks. Jon

No, it does not have an anti-surge housing. You dont need it. Yes, it will fit on the Greddy manifold. It will bolt right up and you can also use your 3.5" exhaust. That's not a problem.
Jon,
We have a downpipe/midpipe setup that is made for PTE turbos on Greddy headers. You can go as large as a T76 GTS which will make power in the mid 9XX range. Let me know if you have any more questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts