Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, what kind of things can be done to ensure the security of your interior things such as head units, and car electronics? and if people all have good ideas that work, im kinda hoping this could be made a sticky.

one of my ideas for keeping your head unit safe is to find a way to weld the middle sides to your inner dash, that way if it is too hard for theifs to steal, they'd probably give up and leave the car. besides they probably feel all that work to pull it out wont be worth it considering 3 security horns are blowing in his ear, haha.

·
1,057 Posts
I really do not see the point in welding it, chances are they will ruin the unit attempting to remove it.

Call your insurance and see if you can get additional coverage for your system. For my insurance it was like $60 a year extra for each $1500 extra of electronics to cover.

W

·
0 Posts
99% of the time, if a thief can't get what they want, they'll just destroy it instead.

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
brianb said:
How about throwing a towel over the dash before you step out? :D

Brian
Heh, i do that when i park at school =), its kind of hard to get a headunit out of a supra, the way its all in there so tight.... having to rip the dash off.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Don't you have a removable face? That is seriously one of the best things, why would sombody waste their time stealing a cd player with out the face. if you weld it in then you run the rish of them jamming a crowbar into your dash or somthing.

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
ThumperAC said:
Call your insurance and see if you can get additional coverage for your system. For my insurance it was like $60 a year extra for each $1500 extra of electronics to cover.
Exactly...worked for me. I got all my stuff back and some better plus a check. Just make sure you have pics and resets for everything in your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts