Supra Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
UPDATING MY PROGRESS THREAD:
Fresh pics after ceramic coating of the entire car and wheels off coating … car is perfect as it sits with wheels and BPU mods. I am finding it difficult to go further with it, it rides so perfectly and has plenty of juice when needed. The driveability is like stock. I'm having a hard time deciding to keep it as is or go single down the road … serious dilemma here.
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

·
Registered
151 Posts
So pretty man. I am in the same boat as you, running about 16-18 psi on stock turbo's. Clutch slipped and just put in a South-bend Stage 3 Endurance (feels exactly like stock),

Car starts right up, no CELs, runs flawlessly on a stock ECU, all stock systems function normally, cold air, etc. Nothing smoother than rowing the gears on the interstate with the second turbo wound up.

I am finding it hard to modify anything further. It'll only hurt value and likely never have drive-ability at 100%.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
So pretty man. I am in the same boat as you, running about 16-18 psi on stock turbo's. Clutch slipped and just put in a South-bend Stage 3 Endurance (feels exactly like stock),

Car starts right up, no CELs, runs flawlessly on a stock ECU, all stock systems function normally, cold air, etc. Nothing smoother than rowing the gears on the interstate with the second turbo wound up.

I am finding it hard to modify anything further. It'll only hurt value and likely never have drive-ability at 100%.
Yea man, you know exactly what I’m talking about. The idea changes for me daily, to stay BPU or go single. I’ve had prior turbo cars and not after records or numbers, but hearing a built single 2JZ at full song is one of the most beautiful sounds you can hear in life.

What are you thinking? I’m thinking a nice size borg Warner , turbo back, a quality intake manifold, fuel system, and a nice standalone. Built for 1000rw but run 650-700rw.

Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Congrats man... Good looking carr really nice!!

81 - 86 of 86 Posts
About this Discussion
85 Replies
43 Participants
Evolutionist
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing