Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes im the new proud owner of a 1987 Supra turbo auto, hard top no sunroof for a whopping 500 bucks. 80K on the stock motor/tranny which are fine. But the body is a piece of shit. So im gonna have fun doin the body work and such.

after i get the body done, ill be on here a lot with lots of questions and usin the search bottom a lot

well heres my first question:
Does anyone know where i could find some doors w/o the glass for cheap. They can have dents in them but no rust? thanks

Mike

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Find people parting out the cars the your area (try the midwest forum) check the junkyards in your area, mabye buy a cheap n/a that has a good exterior with a engine that doesnt run.

·
FasterThanASpeedingCivic
671 Posts
Welcome to the BHG, I mean the fun and exciting world of the Supra!

·
Registered
449 Posts
yeah...our doors are a bitch....that lil bolt near the front that holds the molding in place can kiss my shit smeared ass....that bolt rusted and made my whole fuggin door get a big old rust hole....i drove around with one door moulding for the longest time....then the other one fell off same thing.....then it was repaint and fix time...haah.....damn that bolt....made hell for me and my car......oh and while you are at it you might as well gank the bottom molding of the front windshield...that will eventually rust too.....

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Just dont drop the door when you unbolt it. Have a friend, or better, 2 friends catch it. They are quite heavy. :)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Conundrum07, sounds like you speak from experiance?:p
It's always cool whenever we get another Supra owner on here. good luck with the car man! later!:)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
hey merc, what part of omaha are you from? not too long ago (well ok about a year ago) there were a couple MKIII's in the u-pull it on/near Q... i havent been back there in a while to check to see if another is there cause i have no money and dont want to find a mkiii there and not be able to buy the entire damn thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts