Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kappa Check 1 2
646 Posts
I've installed it but I did go with their suggestion of slightly bending the heater core pipe, it doesn't take much of a bend at all (i'd say like less than 20 degree bend, if that). My wife wanted to use the torch so I let her heat the pipe til slightly glowing red then used a socket (I forgot size, maybe 11mm) to put in the pipe and bend it with an extension. Very easy, but I understand the worry of not wanted to do that.

Here's a few pics

Best pic I have currently of how the pipe sits with the hose and harness/plug installed. (I'll have to look and see if i have a better one, I'm sure I do)

-Rich

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and pictures. It looks like from the pictures it may all fit up super tightly without the bend, was that the case? Or is it pretty much an impossibility without making the bend? Thank you !

·
Kappa Check 1 2
646 Posts
Thanks for the reply and pictures. It looks like from the pictures it may all fit up super tightly without the bend, was that the case? Or is it pretty much an impossibility without making the bend? Thank you !
No problem. And yes, I was on thinking the same thing you were, but the plug just isn't at the right angle to be inserted/removed without bending the pipe slightly. I don't recall 100% to be honest, but maybe it can be done by plugging it on the coil pack first, then installing the coil pack maybe? Worth a try if you don't want to bend the pipe! I will add it's super snug even with the bend.

Hope this helps

-Rich

·
Kappa Check 1 2
646 Posts
I'm about to head off to bed, but I'll snap more detailed pics of that area in the morning!

-Rich

·
Kappa Check 1 2
646 Posts
Here's the few pics! Got a bit busy yesteray... I'd say the corner of the connector plug is about 1/4- 1/8th inch away from the hose even with the bend, not sure it can be pulled off without the bend. Hope this helps!

-Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
2 Participants
foxhound494
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing