Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my power steering high pressure hose has been leaking for a while and im tired of leaving a snail trail of atf, so i decided to finally fix it. i was going to make my own line out of aeroquip stuff but then i found that napa sells a replacement for 25$. the next cheapest one i can find is like 80$. how on earth can napi sell for so cheap unless its garbage? i dont know but i may have to take a chance on it because of the price.

i only hesitate because i hear this is a serious PITA to replace and id rather only do it once. so does anyone have this cheapo on thier car? note napa sells 2 different pressure lines. the napa brand one and a much more expensive different brand .

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
boy, thats a tuffy. just ask them what kinda warranty they have... im guessing a 1 year and then a limitied lifetim warranty on the expensive one.

i personally would get the one w/ a lifetime warranty if it does indeed have it. otherwise, get the cheap one.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i bought one from autozone. stock replacement for like $80. went in easy AFTER i figured out how to get the old one Off!. its tricky to get in there and move around.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
staticpat said:
just convert it to stainless steel braided. its cheap and looks alot better than stock.
well, like i said, that was my original plan but can it really be concidered cheap if it costs 4 times as much as the napa part? it may be worth it though, looks 100x better, more reliability, and much easier to install cause you dont need to remove the old busted line.

however, i dont believe the power steering lines from aeroquip have a shiny stainless steel jacket. "an abrasion resistant fabric cover" but the hose ends will certainly look sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts