Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freeware.
The ForceFed Racing PSI 2 BAR program is a conversion utility for converting PSI to BAR. This program was developed from our need to reference PSI boost pressure levels to the metric BAR commonly used in Japanese electronics and gauges, It is extremely handy in aiding in the conversion of metric boost pressure values (BAR) to the standard PSI values. Ever wonder what 15PSI is in BAR on your metric boost gauge? Now you can easily find out as the PSI2BAR conversion utility calculates PSI>BAR & BAR>PSI. The software auto calculates the values as you type to deliver lighting fast results. Give it a try and tell us what you think. http://www.forcefedracing.com/downloadpage.html

S

·
0 Posts
That table is wrong. It's close enough, but not exact. Where'd you get it?

Sean

S

·
0 Posts
ForceFed Racing, I was talking about the table, not the program.

The table is close enough...but 1.0 bar = 14.503psi. I wonder where mkiv.com got their numbers.... Not that this really matters since no one is going to blow their motor because they THOUGHT they were running 28.96psi when really they were running 29.00psi :)

Sean

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Almost all aftermarket Japanese boost gauges read in kg/cm^2.

·
Very Senior Member
9,950 Posts
Lagtime said:
Almost all aftermarket Japanese boost gauges read in kg/cm^2.
Yeah - that's what I was gonna say.
It's close to bar, but NOT the same.
1 kg/cm^2 = 14.22 psi = 0.9807 bar.

whew - wasn't that interesting!!!;)

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
VickSupra said:

Yeah - that's what I was gonna say.
It's close to bar, but NOT the same.
1 kg/cm^2 = 14.22 psi = 0.9807 bar.

whew - wasn't that interesting!!!;)
One of my pet peeves is the number of people who don't know what units their gauge is calibrated in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts