Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i got to write a long ass paper for my psych class and need some ideas.

i was leaning twoards something "riskay" or car related.

Give me some ideas on surveys i can take. i will be surveying/questioning students from nieghboring classes (during class). If the topic is good enough, the professor will allow me to survey from work or maybe even here on this forum. :)

It seems easy enough, but i cant seem to think of a good enough topic that is related to Psych, interesting enough to write up 10+ pages, involves male and female subjects, and if i want the "A" make my presentation in the Psych Symposium in front of 100's.

here are some examples of what others were thinking of doing:

Why are people scared to go to the dentist? (10 or so questions regaurding dentists and record the answers from men and women)

If someone dressed as a terrorist and asked for directions how would they be treated? (this one student must actually dress as and record all results)

How much violence is too much violence in cartoons compared to real life movies?

An "A" paper:

The effect of classroom seating preference on academic motivation, participation, and performance.

I got till next week to have a topic to run with for the rest of the semester.

Appreciate any ideas u guys can lay on me. :)

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if u think i can poll enough people to get good presentable results then maybe. :p

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Why some people choose careers based on monetary outcome and others based on enjoyment.

Macs to PC users and why.

Sexual Preference based on height and/or race and/or hair color and why.

The choice of car and modification based on geographic location, job, and age.

Idk ive been up all night doing work thats all I got for now

Matt

·
My dog is cooler than you
566 Posts
Mac vs Linux vs Windows as compared to the person's ideal car.

Mac users will want a prius, Linux users will want a diesel jetta, PC users will want sports cars or have no preference. Just a guess.

I really REALLY like your terrorist one actually. Could be interesting to put somebody in a turban and give him a thick middle eastern accent and a beard, ask directions and a day or two later have the same guy shave, dress like a midwestern college kid and ask the same questions.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why some people choose careers based on monetary outcome and others based on enjoyment.

Macs to PC users and why.

Sexual Preference based on height and/or race and/or hair color and why.

The choice of car and modification based on geographic location, job, and age.

Idk ive been up all night doing work thats all I got for now

Matt
^^^i really like those. especially the first!

as for computer stuff im a total noob to anything computer. i know the on button and the keybaord. thats abotu it. :p so comnp stuff means i gotta do double the research to knwo what im talking about. but good idea none the less! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts