Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. Had a chance to dyno the car yesterday. Here is the setup.

1993.5 Supra Turbo 6-speed

PT 6265, .82 hotside

CP .020 over
BC Race Series Rods
ACL race bearings
Titan Crank Pulley
BL Manifold, DP,MP
HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust

Stock Valves
3-angle valve job
BC springs and retainers
Stock GTE Cams
Mild port and polish

Dual Denso's, stock feed line and -6 feed, stock return
BL fuel rail and 880cc's

RPS flywheel and RPS Stage sprung disk

Thanks to Boost Logic, Tony (TT_6SPD_95), and MVP.

Here is the first dyno pull, boost controller was turned off, boost was wavering between 17-19lbs. The overlay we turned on the bc, all race gas... its spiked to 1.7bar and then fell down to ~22psi.

Here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUEmnsLbVUg

We turned the boost up to 25psi and started tinkering with the bc to get it to hold. The turbo is really wanting to spool up and was spiking a little but we got it ironed out. Here are several charts and videos.

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hFdricaj7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwdQW9xrqnk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkkTs0TBFmM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHdyY-mb4oA

Discuss.....

· Registered
529 Posts
Great to see some results finally on a 2j . The torque looks awesome . I put the 6265 on mine a couple weeks ago but havent dynoed yet . Its been a blast to drive though at 15 lbs . So any plans to turn it up past the 22.5 lbs yet ? Where do you think this will top out as far as hp and boost goes ?

· Registered
312 Posts
Cool videos. Congrats on getting the car together.

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
finaly some actual results on a supra with this turbo!
well done mate! very nice numbers :bigthumb:
couldnt help but notice an awesome lighting storm in the backgroud :D
Dude.... it was storming its ass off. As I was driving to the dyno (approx 2 hours away) I get several calls from friends saying..... you need to find a garage, its all red around you, hey they just issued a tornado warning. We didnt see any tornadoes.... but it would have been a good picture to have a real live tornado in the background.

Great to see some results finally on a 2j . The torque looks awesome . I put the 6265 on mine a couple weeks ago but havent dynoed yet . Its been a blast to drive though at 15 lbs . So any plans to turn it up past the 22.5 lbs yet ? Where do you think this will top out as far as hp and boost goes ?
We were at the limit of the race fuel I had. 110 octane. The best results was the last run of 639hp 578tq. I would love to turn it up to 30psi or 32psi and see what would happen I just want to mix in C16 or Q16 at that moment. We were also only revving to 7200, the motor can turn 8k easily but the turbo wasnt making more power at the higher rpm's so we didnt see the point.

What are the specs of the 6265? Throw some cams in and the power will be even nicer. Great job and results!

Steve
I am not 100% on the specs. I know it has a billet wheel and evo guys are making mid 700's. As you can see the turbo really comes alive at higher boost levels. Yea cams are definitely on my list, it should add some good power and will probably shift the curve a little too.

Thanks everyone!

Chase

· Registered
782 Posts
You've got something going on at 6500rpm. Either valve float or some form of cut. Get that checked out and the power will be extended by quite a bit.

also... could you post up the SAE numbers? It's a little bit easier to compare to others' dyno's

Justin

· Premium Member
29,523 Posts
Man, that is a nice little turbo! A set of cams and more tuning should make some awesome power! :yum:

I would give my left nut to see a dyno shootout between the PT6265 and the GT4088R...

· SupraForums Sponsor
4,456 Posts
Chase,

Good to hear over the weekend that the cold start setup works really well. Just give me a call if you have any other little issues, or want rev limiters changed, etc and I will take care of it for you no problem.

The car definitely put down some nice numbers no doubt. Those first dyno pulls were where we were letting off a little early, but they still show good base numbers for the boost levels. :) It will be very interesting what cams do to that combination!

Let me know when you are ready to have me finish the tune with C16 and 30lbs of boost and then we are really going to see even better numbers not only because of boost, but because of timing as well. :) Remember I only put around 12-13degrees or so of timing in the car where it was making power, so you defnitely have more to go there when we use C16 in the car. I just wanted to keep it really safe for you and even being safe the setup still makes good power, but I know the timing will wake it up more and when we get better gas in the car we will turn it up a bit. :)

The AEM was showing a nice flat 11.2:1 AFR all the way through the run only varying by maybe .1 or so...that should be very safe as well. Let me know if you want the log of that final run and I will shoot it over to you.

If you ever decide to do cams on the car you will make a lot more power no doubt...you can see by the top end that this setup does not like stock cams so much. :)

· Old School
4,443 Posts
Man, that is a nice little turbo! A set of cams and more tuning should make some awesome power! :yum:

I would give my left nut to see a dyno shootout between the PT6265 and the GT4088R...
Yep. Plus, you can buy a journal bearing 62 for ~$900, the GT4088R is closer to $1800.

Look like big bang for the buck in the PT62.

(On a 3.0L engine I wouldn't pay the additional money to add a BB CHRA to the 62mm.)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.