Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had by bl midpipe istalled this weekend and I must say it positively improved the car sound and performance. I now have a complete 3" exhaust system and it seems like that causes my pt52 to spool at 2500 rpm. It seems like once i hit the gas the turbo is ready to spool, I was wondering if anyone else is running a 3" exhaust system with a pt52 and their thoughts. My car is still untuned and running off of a .8 bar wg spring , hope to have it tuned in a few week and see what # the 52 is capable of.

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
the 52 is a 600 max flowing turbo and with the right fuel you can push it past 30 pounds of boost. i wouldnt go that high though. i am running 3 inch downpipe but my exhaust is 3.75 so i couldnt help you on that aspect. but it seems the turbo might hurt a little top end with size but you should be fine.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am running a pt52 with a straight 3" exhaust, but I dont really have much to compare it to, its been that way since day one of turboing. Although my car has been having fuel mgmt issues for a while, I also notice it spooling around that rpm when i hit around 30-50% throttle or so. It seems like we may running somewhat of a similar setup, so once i sell my map ecu/vpc/afc and purchase/install the aem in the next couple of weeks, we can compare numbers.

·
Registered
415 Posts
.8 bar on an untuned NA-T is asking for trouble.
I've been running 5 psi(.35 bar) on a self-tuned NA-T for about 5 months and it's been fine, but the other day I turned it up to 8 psi(.55 bar) and I could immediately hear knock followed by powerloss(timing retard) at WOT.

As for the exhaust, I was running a 3" downpipe to the stock catalytic converter and then to dual 2" pipes.
It seemed fine (remember this is 5psi) until the cat blew and blocked exhaust flow pretty bad.
I then bought the BL midpipe and redid the back section in 2.5"
Now the exhaust sounds much meaner and I can feel a huge difference in topend.

Get that thing tuned!

Cheers,
~Alan

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Urban Customs said:
the 52 is a 600 max flowing turbo and with the right fuel you can push it past 30 pounds of boost. i wouldnt go that high though. i am running 3 inch downpipe but my exhaust is 3.75 so i couldnt help you on that aspect. but it seems the turbo might hurt a little top end with size but you should be fine.
The PT52 holding 30lbs? hmm :tongue:

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
i have a pt52 and greddy evo exhaust and when i had my safcII i self tuned it and could hit 7.5 psi with no knocking at all! mine can hit full boost (7.5 psi) at 3200 rpms.

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
30 psi is possible on the 52, but way out of its efficiency range. I dont see anything past 25-26psi being efficient in terms of more power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts