Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here running one? And if so what rpm are you seeing positive boost at on a .81 rear ar. or .68
Thanks,
JC

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
I can't imagin this thing spooling before 4500 for full spool meaning the surge point.

but will be one hell of a turbo after this.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
didn't hams get a 67? though i dont think he has it back on the road yet?

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess we will see for sure in a couple of days. If lag is too much to overcome, I will get the .68 rear .ar. Either that or spray the balls off of it.

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
On my t66 with ex a/r .7 I hit positive boost @3k and full boost at 4.5k.

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
well some guys in japan use a t04r with a.81 a/r. but the 1j is camed thought. im running .70 on my turbine. but i had a lag problem untill i got cams.

so from my experience you can use a .81 on a 1j, but you would ned a set of cams to have ok response.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I have a BL aka PTE67 with the .68 A/R... I am still putting things together so I haven't run it yet. On a 2JZ this turbo hits 17psi at 3800rpm's so I assume about 4200 for the 1JZ.

- Hams.

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like it, The guy at PT swore this baby would be at full tilt by 3600. I thought he was wrong but with a shot of gas through an automatic, he may end up being right after all :)

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
jwcatto said:
Sounds like it, The guy at PT swore this baby would be at full tilt by 3600. I thought he was wrong but with a shot of gas through an automatic, he may end up being right after all :)

Which trim are you getting? I've got a GTQ center section with the .68 A/R. My friend has the exact same turbo on his 2JZ and we saw 17psi about 3800. He also is running a TH400 with a 3400 stall from Midwest. I expect with the .81 hotside you'll spool just a tad slower, but that's going to be a real street buster of a turbo.

On a side note, I'm thinking of sending my turbo back getting a .71 compressor side with the .68 hotside. I've seen this turbo hit 780 on the dyno at SP with about 28psi... Pretty slick turbo that still spools quick on the street.

- Hams.

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All I can say is make sure the turbo fits your actual hp goals. I got a HKS t51 expecting to make in the 700 and ended up wanting a 500hp daily driver. Big mistake, full spool=5500rpms in 2nd gear. Huge turbo, great for dragging, but way wrong for street use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts