Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1996 single turbo Supra
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals im preparing to get my motor back from roche and Im looking to finish up the build. The best part obviously the hot side needs to be addressed. First off i live in denver so altitude is a problem, as the title says im looking at a pte 7685 as of now. Reason is i loved my 6766 on the stock motor it spooled super fast with my setup as i had the phr trq kit and a 4lb flywheel for my cd009 swap. Now i have a t56 from grannas and am looking at the phr s23 manifold with dual gates. With the 3.2L stroker i want to have fast spool still as this is still a street car that i take to the track every now and then but we do more down low racing as denver is full of awd cars that like to dig and im loving that here. Motor has billet mains rods and pistons so i can finally give it all the boost down low. Any suggestions is appreciated as this is my first time dipping into the deep side of the pool(800-1200hp).

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,485 Posts
I kinda feel like you’d be happier with a GT42 cover 7675.

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,485 Posts
You mentioned spool a couple times so I think you’d be happier with the responsiveness of the smaller exducer and it will still reach your horsepower goal.

·
Registered
1996 single turbo Supra
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You mentioned spool a couple times so I think you’d be happier with the responsiveness of the smaller exducer and it will still reach your horsepower goal.
Yes sir why bullet proof the block if we are gonna be laggy right?

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,485 Posts
7685 will make more jam but 42-7675 is gonna be more responsive and still smash.

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
I'll never understand why anyone with a 2JZ goes with a 7685 of any generation. If you're going to deal with the lag of that hotside you might as well take an 82mm or 86mm compressor wheel as well and just play it for what it is - a top end monster mofo.

I agree that the 42-7675 is the way to roll for you, especially in that lovely 6000ft+ DA we get to play in up here in the Rockies.

Reactions: anoa324

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes sir why bullet proof the block if we are gonna be laggy right?
Don't be fooled. That 6766 + short runner manifold + VVTI tapped out @40psi+ can & will lift the head on billet main 3.0
These motors don't like making 700tq+ at <5k rpm.
I've see it happen several times.

I like the PTE 7685. We've got a few local Supras with em. They all make 1200+
But our racing scene is very different from what you're describing.
You'd probably be happier with a 7675 or G42 with < 1.00AR.

·
Registered
1996 single turbo Supra
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't be fooled. That 6766 + short runner manifold + VVTI tapped out @40psi+ can & will lift the head on billet main 3.0
These motors don't like making 700tq+ at <5k rpm.
I've see it happen several times.

I like the PTE 7685. We've got a few local Supras with em. They all make 1200+
But our racing scene is very different from what you're describing.
You'd probably be happier with a 7675 or G42 with < 1.00AR.
Odd that's exactly what I had before with arps never had an issue. But yeah shit happens.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Although it was 30psi
Yup. When I had a stock GTE longblock + [email protected] + VVTi, I made ~700whp/500tq, no issues.
A friend's car had an identical setup as mine + short runner manifold + billet main 3.0. @45psi it make 1020whp/750tq. Torque peaked at under 5k and it pushed coolant on the dyno..
Yes the ARP 625s can handle the stress, but the block/head can't at that low of rpm. It twists, thus lifting the head.

Anyway you'll be fine, just take off the 6766 once your new motor is in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts