Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Cultured Development
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2009 GT-R hunt me down over the weekend want to get a run going. He said he had full bolt on's including: full exhaust, intakes, injectors, 2012 turbo inlets, and cobb tune on 18psi 93octane. I was also running 93 octane (20psi Alpha Tuned) on a PTE7675CEA w/.81ar exhaust housing and have a relatively stock motor other than GSC S1 cams. Only got 1 solid run in and it was very close. He got a slight jump on me and I ended up having to reel him in and pulled about half a car on him. He wants to go again sometime on e85. Those cars move out quick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN3DjDwNFy4

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Yes they do but I would much rather own a Supra any-day but I respect what they have done in such a short amount of time.

Good Run. How much Whp are you at in your Pump setting.

·
Registered
242 Posts
YouTube title states 600whp. Good run!

·
Registered
806 Posts
good run. is it me or none honks their horn 3 times anymore??

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would have like to see a three honk start. It sounds like he was trying to time when you hit it before he took off. Kinda of giving you a courtesy start. I think he would have rolled out harder on you putting a greater distance between you guys. He let you spool up good before taking off. It wasn't an even start.

·
Cultured Development
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have a horn and he wouldn't honk. Not sure why he wouldn't but my brother was counting it off. He got a slight jump as you can see and kinda hear in the video. I was brake boosting but it was a pretty evenly matched run. I think the supra held up pretty well for being 19 years old!

·
Registered
94 Supra Twin Turbo
1,260 Posts
Nice kill.
I think this is the same guy people have been trying to get me to race.

·
Smith & Wesson Member
655 Posts
Good Kill!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
nice kill. about how much power do gtrs make full bolt-on on 93? Most of the ones i see are on an e85 tune and are around 6-650whp.

·
Cultured Development
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He said he was making about 580. Not sure if that's wheel or what.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great run nice kill, definitely a close race but always fun. The only thing killing me was the narrow lens angle grrrrrr

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the other runs on my go pro. As far as the horn we were honking but it was too quiet between the exhaust of the supra and GTR combined so couldn't hear it. So, we waited for you guys to count and go then we did. Definitely a good race. The whole time the boost gauge was blinking for us which means it's detecting knock and pulling time. Sent the log off the access sport in and tuner said it was because of bad fuel.

·
Cultured Development
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great run nice kill, definitely a close race but always fun. The only thing killing me was the narrow lens angle grrrrrr
I agree man I wish my brother had turned the camera sideways but o well. I had my DSLR in the back seat and wish I had given it to him.

Eggrollz, once we get our issues figured out we will have to get that tie breaker lol.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts