Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pulled my tranny and i pulled all the clutch assembly off. the flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disk.....Is it ok to start?

·
Registered
409 Posts
i wouldn't recommend it at all. you need a load on the engine ie. flywheel, clutch assembly, tranny, etc.

·
Registered
107 Posts
it wont start without the flywheel, trans, or anything else you pulled off because thats what the starter spins to start the engine. are you sure you know what your doing?

·
Registered
358 Posts
buckimtellinya said:
it wont start without the flywheel, trans, or anything else you pulled off because thats what the starter spins to start the engine. are you sure you know what your doing?
:werd:

What are you doing anyways? I don't see why you would need to start the car with no tranny in which is impossible as already stated.

S

·
0 Posts
don't ask me how,but people do start engines with no tranny. i.e. when testing hp at the crank on crate motors before they ship them out. c'mon iknow you guys watch these chopper shows and monstor garages lol!!!

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
supraboy1 said:
don't ask me how,but people do start engines with no tranny. i.e. when testing hp at the crank on crate motors before they ship them out. c'mon iknow you guys watch these chopper shows and monstor garages lol!!!
Sure they do. They either have a flywheel or a flexplate on the motor that the starter can grab onto. I see no reason why it wouldn't start if you put the flywheel and clutch assembly back on there, and of course the starter too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
supraboy1 said:
I completely forgot about that, but they have a machine they hook them up to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts