Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched for awhile and couldn't find anything. Where is the TE1 and E1 terminal to show what codes the car is throwing?

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
mkiv.com

·
Registered
967 Posts
In the little diagnostic box up against the firewall. It says "diagnostic" on it, open the cap and look under there for the diagram to the terminals. The rest of the directions are on mkiv.com under tech articles.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
.... connect the wires... then just walk around and start writting :)... when I did mine... I got really excited because it worked :)

are you OBD1 or OBD2? (if you are obd2... just go to autozone)

·
11,221 Posts
There's 2 on the Supra (at least on my car, 97 NA):
1. next to the hood release latch
2. under the engine on the passenger side next to the ABS unit or the cruise control

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
michaelvanle said:
There's 2 on the Supra (at least on my car, 97 NA):
1. next to the hood release latch
2. under the engine on the passenger side next to the ABS unit or the cruise control
The under-hood one is usually easier to get to!

And see www.mkiv.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot. Made life alot easier except for the car still has problems. At least now I know what it is thinking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
was 41 tps, got that problem figured out. now 31, maf sensor. I figure it wouldn't be fun if nothing bad ever happened. Also had 47 the sub tps, after I researched that I guess that kind of lives there since my trac control is disabled.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
honda_s2001 said:
maybe the maf sensor needs to be cleaned? I read something about that on mkiv.com
:dunno:
Where - I haven't seen it on mkiv.com?

If you suspect the MAF, the simplest thing is to try a swap with a known good one (if you can find one around).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts