Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of pulling the engine to swap out the twins and was wondering since mine doesn't have any lifting hooks on it, are there any suggestions on how to pull it otherwise????

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
stick a 14mm bolt through a link in the chain and then to where the hook would be bolted to. that should do it.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
I ordered some from a member and they are "lost" in transit.

I am afraid to do this but have considered it. We'll see.

afraid why? Arn't the hooks held on by bolts? I don't know the Mkiv, but on my 7m, the hooks were held on with just a single bolt. ;) what he suggested would work fine I bet, if worse comes to worse and you can't get some hooks.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
afraid why? Arn't the hooks held on by bolts? I don't know the Mkiv, but on my 7m, the hooks were held on with just a single bolt. ;) what he suggested would work fine I bet, if worse comes to worse and you can't get some hooks.
10-4, you are correct, the hooks are held on by bolts, however pulling up sideways on a single bolt isn't the smartest thing to do pulling and jerking around an 800lb engine and tranny. More than likely it should hold fine, but I don't know if I am willing to try that just yet. The hooks are actually held on by two 14mm bolts. Anyone with any engineering backround will tell you that the strength is taken up by the hook parallel to the engine lifting versus perpendicular (which may cause the bolt to bend) using a single bolt.

I also believe that the 7M's have two bolts per hook as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts