Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got everything disconnected. Ready to come out except for the tranny off. My question is am I able to pull the engine and tranny together? If not how are you guys reaching the top bell housing bolts? Do i need a 4 foot extention for my impact? any help is appriciated.

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
You can remove the tranny and motor together, if you have the car raised on some stands, and your hoist will raise high enough. Otherwise you'll need 3 to 4 extensions to reach those bolts.

Chris

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
a long extension will reach those bolts. never pulled one with it intact.

if push comes to shove you can remove your subframe and drop it out the bottom.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your absolutly shure that I can pull the motor with the tranny? The car is raised up and my hoist will reach. Im pulling it tonight and would like any others imput on this subject.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You need a load leveler so you can tip the motor and trans out. The rear of the trans needs to go down and the front of the engine needs to go up as you are jacking and walking the engine out the front you will have to level it out as it comes over the raidator.

Hth

Evan

also let the hoist arm out all the way so it can pick the engine up high enough to clear the car

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Your absolutly shure that I can pull the motor with the tranny?
Absolutely! That's how mine came out and went back in. No big deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts