Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've pulled the engine and trans out of my '89 Turbo. I tried to pull the trans from the engine/clutch assembly but I can only get it out about 2 inches and it stops solid. Is there anything I'm not seeing or is the throwout bearing just tight in :wtflol: the pressure plate? I would assume I just need a good tug, I just down't want to force anything incase there is some special procedure that I am unaware of. In my long life I've finally learned not to force things, it just ends up in bad juju. Thanks all for your help. Mark l

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
PUll off the driver side inspection plate and you'll see hte clutch fork. Push the end of the clutch fork that sits agains the slave cylinder toward the motor, and give it a tug straight out of the inspection window. its held in with a spring held clip so you'll not hurt anything by giving it a few hard tugs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Make sure the shifter housing is not hitting inside the car. I had the same problem, an extra set of hands comes in handy. You will need to drop the rear about 2 in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your input. How do I get to the tsrm so I can access it during the engine tear down and assembly? Mark L

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your info guys, much appreciated. I'm on my way out to the shop right now to push and tug. Lets see what damage I can do hehehe. Mark L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts