Supra Forums banner

Pump Gas... 700+whp..

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  js3324 
G
#1 ·
sorry but I am definitely new to Supras. I previously owned an AWD Talon so I know some about turbos. But is there anyone that is pushing 700+rwhp on PUMP gas with their Supra? Please give me a little info on turbo size, brand, and fuel setup. All help is greatly appreciated!

#4 ·
This has been an ongoing debate in the viper community.....
Larry from SP said no way Jose, that's all I know. There was rumor that someone had a 700 HP pump gas supra, but I think that rumor was stomped out.

#7 ·
It was Jeuse Robles who reported ~719 rwhp on pump gas with low boost with a Greddy T88H turbo a few years back. Bigger turbos make more power, even on pump gas. But not a number you want to strive for since he rpm's were stratispheric.

Really what you are looking for is Useable HP numbers under the curve on pump gas. From 4500 up to 5500 rpm. Stick with something smaller than a 74mm turbo. 63, 67 would be my choice.

#8 ·
I'm pretty sure a setup like Ken Hendersons could put out numbers like this if he was crazy enough to try. But people (especially newbies) should realize that it would be pretty exceptional to make 700 rwhp on pump gas, particularly 91-92 octane. Yikes...not for the faint of heart or wallet! ;)

#10 ·
Steve Theodore said:
I'm pretty sure a setup like Ken Hendersons could put out numbers like this if he was crazy enough to try. But people (especially newbies) should realize that it would be pretty exceptional to make 700 rwhp on pump gas, particularly 91-92 octane. Yikes...not for the faint of heart or wallet! ;)

very true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G
#11 ·
Thanks for the replies! I figured that it was possible (with a large amount of money), but I wanted to hear from you guys that know more. So I see these vids online of all these Supras on the street that sound mean as hell (and quick!). Is around 500rwhp the norm for most street Supras on pump? Sounds waaaaay to easy to make that HP with these cars.

#18 ·
Bill P said:
It was Jeuse Robles who reported ~719 rwhp on pump gas with low boost with a Greddy T88H turbo a few years back. Bigger turbos make more power, even on pump gas. But not a number you want to strive for since he rpm's were stratispheric.

Really what you are looking for is Useable HP numbers under the curve on pump gas. From 4500 up to 5500 rpm. Stick with something smaller than a 74mm turbo. 63, 67 would be my choice.
Do you mean Angel Robles? The only reason I remember this name is because I got my first ride in a supra when I visited him. I believe when I got the ride, it was 666 rwhp at the time. I still wear a neck brace to this day. :bigthumb:

#21 ·
Steve Theodore said:

Also didn't Keith Ta put down 737rwhp with his twin setup on pump gas back in the day?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.