Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now decided on which HRE's I am going with and have purchased them today as some of you might have already known about my choices already.

I have searched the forum pretty good, but can't find my combination that has provided offsets. I know HRE knows the offsets, but I want to be sure they are right and I respect several members knowledge on this particular subject and would be very gracious of any input.

Anyway, the wheels are 19x9.5 on the front and 19x11.5 on the rear with 315/25 on the rear and 275/? on the front. I would like everything to be perfectly flat as far as the sides go and also would want the tires pretty close to the edge of the wheelwells.

I appreciate anyone taking the time out of their day to read this and would be appreciative of any input.

Like I said before HRE probably knows the offsets pretty well, but I would just like to compare notes.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:
I have now decided on which HRE's I am going with and have purchased them today as some of you might have already known about my choices already.

I have searched the forum pretty good, but can't find my combination that has provided offsets. I know HRE knows the offsets, but I want to be sure they are right and I respect several members knowledge on this particular subject and would be very gracious of any input.

Anyway, the wheels are 19x9.5 on the front and 19x11.5 on the rear with 315/25 on the rear and 275/? on the front. I would like everything to be perfectly flat as far as the sides go and also would want the tires pretty close to the edge of the wheelwells.

I appreciate anyone taking the time out of their day to read this and would be appreciative of any input.

Like I said before HRE probably knows the offsets pretty well, but I would just like to compare notes.

Thanks
Mike,

I usually refer to this chart for wheel offsets, so perhaps this can help somewhat.

http://veilside.com/veilsideusa/evoV.htm

As mentioned above, the experts are HRE (I like calling Mike Duffy since he knows Supras very well) will be able to pinpoint what you are looking for. The tire sizes mentioned above should be perfect for the size wheel. Be sure to mention any aftermarket braking systems, mods to the fenders, and approximate drop to the car so they can calculate.

If you want my offsets for my 19x10 and 19x12.5 HRE wheels, PM although I am not sure if it would help.

- Vic

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
BigVic, is that what you are running with your TS widebody? Not criticizing, but I was thinking you can run at least a 13 in the rear with the body kit.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I have the 19" HRE 445.

f 9.5 rim, +44 offset, 265 tires
r 11 rim, +48 offset, 295 tires

They fit like a monster, some slight calculations to adjust for your 11.5 rear will let you check if yours will too. Just search my username in the member rides for pics. Slight rolling required though. Does this get me a free polish? :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Im running with a 10.5" (+43) with 285's and those are very, very close to my fenders. If you plan on running an 11.5 i would get a (+56) offset which keeps the outside edge the same as mine but moves the extra inch on the inside.

For the fronts, if you plan on running 265's, get the 9.5 but if you want to run 275's i would recommend a 10" (+50). the tire will have just a slight stretch so your tire wont flex as much under hard cornering.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cherzra said:
I have the 19" HRE 445.

f 9.5 rim, +44 offset, 265 tires
r 11 rim, +48 offset, 295 tires

They fit like a monster, some slight calculations to adjust for your 11.5 rear will let you check if yours will too. Just search my username in the member rides for pics. Slight rolling required though. Does this get me a free polish? :)
Do you have coilovers or anything...how close are the wheels/tires on each side? Did HRE calculate that for you, or did you provide the offsets?

We will have to talk about the polishing. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Yeah, I'm running Tein Flex coilovers. I don't know the exact height setting though as they were already on the car and weren't changed since then (the stiffness is set at 8, halfway). Same goes for the wheels. They were ordered by the previous owner, and HRE provided the offsets. So I guess they know what they're doing because they fit like a glove. They're perfectly flush with the fenders, but do require slight rolling in the rear. They look awesome, much better than the stockers which have this nasty empty gap.

Going down my driveway, the fronts will occasionally rub the wheelwell when turning on to the road, but that's something that will never happen driving as it's only at near full turn.

Some pics are at http://www.filefarmer.com/cherzra/supra/supra_thumbs.html.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:
Do you have coilovers or anything...how close are the wheels/tires on each side? Did HRE calculate that for you, or did you provide the offsets?

We will have to talk about the polishing. :)

Thanks

I'm definitely agreeing with cherzra and twinturbozs pretty much. My front 9-1/2" wheels are +45mm and IMO they are right on the money. My rears are 10-1/2" +45mm and if I hold a straight edge at the very edge of the fender lip it is exactly even with the lip of the wheel. I'm on Tein HA's lowered about 1.25". So if you don't want the wheel to stick out AND want a wider wheel, you have to go with a higher offset number, add half the additional width in mm to the offset cherza or I have for comparison.

Btw, a Supra bud I know who went with HRE's, and is an absolute anal perfectionist, found that the HRE recommended offsets stuck out a little too far for his taste and he returned them to have them changed. I'm not dissing HRE they have one of the best looking wheels, but I've heard this from others too and just keep in mind to take recommeded Supra sizing with a grain of salt and check it out carefully yourself with actual known good fitments.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick 95 6sp said:
I'm definitely agreeing with cherzra and twinturbozs pretty much. My front 9-1/2" wheels are +45mm and IMO they are right on the money. My rears are 10-1/2" +45mm and if I hold a straight edge at the very edge of the fender lip it is exactly even with the lip of the wheel. I'm on Tein HA's lowered about 1.25". So if you don't want the wheel to stick out AND want a wider wheel, you have to go with a higher offset number, add half the additional width in mm to the offset cherza or I have for comparison.

Btw, a Supra bud I know who went with HRE's, and is an absolute anal perfectionist, found that the HRE recommended offsets stuck out a little too far for his taste and he returned them to have them changed. I'm not dissing HRE they have one of the best looking wheels, but I've heard this from others too and just keep in mind to take recommeded Supra sizing with a grain of salt and check it out carefully yourself with actual known good fitments.
It sounds like I should go with a 50mm offset if I was going with a 11" wheel then? I think the fitment guide states between 43mm and 50mm...I wonder how close the 50mm is to the outer fender lip? Also, the guide states that this setup works for a 305 tire and it states that you absolutely can't go with a 315 tire...is that true because I have heard of many people using 315 tires. Are they banging in the inner fenders or something or only modding the fender lip?

On the front it looks like for a 9.5" wheel the fitment guide states 45mm-56mm with a 265/30 tire and 50mm-52mm with a 275/30 tire. Sound correct to you?

Thanks for the responses.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HRE suggested a 48mm offset for a 19x11" wheel to fit a 305/25 tire. Who on here has had this offset with a 315/25 tire with an 11" wheel and had it work out well? I am sure it is going to take some major fender rolling no doubt. :)

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
That sounds pretty close to me ...but I'm talkin' out of my ass since I don't have those sizes. But having obsessed about wheels myself and read a lot and asked and compared and wore out Steve's fitment guide, I'd go for a couple or few millimeters higher offset on back.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Twinturbozs,

What size tires do you have in the rear? Do you happen to know your offsets and everything for the front?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:
Twinturbozs,

What size tires do you have in the rear? Do you happen to know your offsets and everything for the front?

Thanks

Yeah i do.

19x9 (+31) 265/30/19
20x10.5(+43) 285/30/20

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would anyone agree that a 48mm offset will work well with an 11" wheel running 315/25/19 tires or 305/25/19's in the rear? I am just afraid if I get too big of an offset I will hit the back area because I don't have coilovers.

Thanks everyone.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
twinturbozs said:
Yeah i do.

19x9 (+31) 265/30/19
20x10.5(+43) 285/30/20
What tire brand are you running and how wide is the "actual" width?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SteelCitySupra said:
I dont know if you will be able to run a 315 with 19" wheel. I could be wrong, but i know my 315 in a 18" was pretty dang close.
What offsets did you have and what size wheel did you run on the rear? What was your setup on the front?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Tony, when I had my 19x10 and 19x11 CCW's, I ran a 315/25. I was on Eibachs and Bilsteins in the rear. I only had to trim the fender lip to make them fit correctly. I believe the offset was +50mm IIRC. When the car was raised off the ground, the rear wheels WOULD hit the springs, which made it kinda tough to install the wheels. Other than that, they fit great.
If I had to do it all over again (which I'm sure I will get another set in the future), I would go with the 295/30. Gives you more sidewall, and looks better as well IMO. I couldn't even tell the difference on width between the 315 and 295.

Tim

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
basupra said:
Tony, when I had my 19x10 and 19x11 CCW's, I ran a 315/25. I was on Eibachs and Bilsteins in the rear. I only had to trim the fender lip to make them fit correctly. I believe the offset was +50mm IIRC. When the car was raised off the ground, the rear wheels WOULD hit the springs, which made it kinda tough to install the wheels. Other than that, they fit great.
If I had to do it all over again (which I'm sure I will get another set in the future), I would go with the 295/30. Gives you more sidewall, and looks better as well IMO. I couldn't even tell the difference on width between the 315 and 295.

Tim
Tim,

Thanks for the great information. How much room was there between the tires and the fender with the 315's? I know that HRE suggests a 48mm offset, so it sounds like they are very close. Do you think that will work fine for what I am doing and do you know how much room you had left on the inside with the tires on the ground of course?

What brand of 315,s did you have? I have heard that some 315's are a lot wider than others.

Do you remember your offset for the front and tire size used?

Thanks again for the info!

Take Care

1 - 20 of 25 Posts