Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With in the last few months I've started to see some MKIV's running around and It's been giving me the itch again to actually take a look at pricing & potentially buy one for next year. I'm having a hard time finding any sort of LHD Supra with in Ontario that are for sale. I've checked up on Kijiji, Auto trader & a few Facebook pages but nothing yet. I really would like to stick to Canada but I can outsource to the States.

My 2 questions would be, where/what do you know of that can help find MKIV's, & If by next year I'm planing to buy a TT, what are my price looking like as of right now. I understand a lot can change with in the year but I'm trying to get some general figures so I can plan ahead some what effectively.

Side Note: I live in Markham, a few guys have MKIV's here & in Oshawa as well. I'd like to chat with them if possible about the car a little more. Not really sure who owns or even if they are a member here. Hopefully someone has some info or is willing to chat with me!

Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
No one can predict prices for next month or year...there's a red cspec 6 speed fs 50k here...prices are in that range and don't think will change any time soon imo. I noticed the uSD prices in the states have slightly dropped and are sitting for longer. Only thing is the exchange rate otherwise I myself would go south of the border. Doubt anyone in Ontario would sell a lhd ...gl

·
Registered
198 Posts
It is hard to find in Ontario that is LHD. And if you do they go for around 50K. There are a few MKIV meets around Toronto throughout the year. Most of the time the ones that are for sale are word of mouth, or through kijiji or autotrader. Good luck!

·
Registered
268 Posts
You are going to see the Canadian LHD ones go up in price due to the US dollar being high. When the dollar was par, a lot of guys were going state side and picking them up.
Just my thoughts

·
Registered
543 Posts
^ you can probably get a high mileage NA LHD for that price.....

You want a quality LHD TT with reasonable mileage, its going to be $50K minimum.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looking to spend $20,000-25000 USD
You can get a RHD with sub 80k (KM's not miles) for that price landed to your door. We live in Canada! Use the advantage.

Unless you are hard-pressed about getting a LHD, RHD is a no brainer..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can get a RHD with sub 80k (KM's not miles) for that price landed to your door. We live in Canada! Use the advantage.

Unless you are hard-pressed about getting a LHD, RHD is a no brainer..
Honestly living in Ontario and trying to insure RHD cars at a young age (almost 19 - been driving since I was 16 as well) is near impossible. I've called over 20 companies to see if they'd take me and the answer I've heard most often is "We don't insure RHD cars". For the LHD Supra, no problem they'll take me. I've even called insurance companies that specifically deal with RHD and they can't take me because I don't have enough "driving experience". I'm pretty set on a LHD for that reason. I don't have $50k to drop on a TT. I've saved for 2 years to be able to purchase a NA LHD Supra, I can right now, but the $ would murder me. Hence why I was saying I wanted to wait until next year. I'm not saying the $ would go up for sure but it will give me more time to save at the least. If anything I'd do the NA to TT swap or find a TT roller, chances of finding a roller like on the est coast are slim though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts