Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got just a shade over $650 to spend on mods, and I want to dump it all into suspension. The car is nice and low mileage, but I think the suspension parts may be original. It holds to the road well enough, but the thing nose dives hard during braking and is a bucking horse under hard acceleration and quick shifting.

I spent some time on www.cyberauto.com and found what I think will be a decent combo.

KYB GR-2's on all 4 corners for $155.00
Suspension Technique's lowering springs for $200.00
Addco sway bars, front and rear for $300.

Will this be a good start?

What are my options for larger brakes? Also, will larger brakes fit under the stock 14 in. wheels?

What are my options for shifters? This car has longer throws than my Audis.

Chris

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
The GR2 shocks aren't really a performance shock. When I replace my Konis here eventually I'm going with the AGX or Koni Focus shocks in the rear and MR2s one in the front.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
why dont you save up more money and do a complete 7mgte swap..find a parts car..take all the suspension for the upgrade..my first car was a 86..love those car..i am looking for a clean one to do a 1jz swap

·
Registered
61 Posts
thats the same thing i'm doing for suspension except i'm using monroe sensetrac shocks for the front cuz i've heard they work well in lowered cars. the rear i'm using a 1" spring spacer to fight negative camber and give the car a nice rake. the gr-2's are a very good shock for a daily driver that you like to have fun in, like mentioned they are not a performance shock, but very few people actually need a performance shock, the st's and addcos are already stiff enough for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
also you can't fit bigger brakes. but brembo discs with kvr pads are known to work well. with bigger wheels there is lots of possiblities, including a 5 bolt swap with a vast assortement of discs and calipers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
personally if i wanted an imprt with huge aftermarket, i'd go buy a 240. i love the mk2 Supra, its my kinda car, i can handle doing some custom work, and i can handle paying or waiting more for it.

but for some people they can't or don't want to. so to say its a good start or not is all up to you, weigh out the options pro and con and see what you come up with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts