Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Toyota Supra N/A
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, It's me again with more starting issues,

I've gone over everything for my starter and the car still won't crank or click sometimes. Sometimes is fine, sometimes nothing. Tried everything!

So I'm wondering if I could just wire starter to power to push button on the dash, and completely not use the factory wiring for the starter. I know I would still have to turn the key to on but I'm ok with that. Is this possible, or do I still need to connect something to the factory wiring.

Please let me know as this has been an intermittent issue and really annoys me as I have basically gone over everything in the starting system besides redoing all of the wiring (which is where I believe the issue lies).

Edit: I have almost no knowledge of electrical stuff, besides the super basic (running wire, crimping, heat shrink ect), so if you going to explain this to me please explain it like I'm 10. Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hit all the connectors on the chassis and block/transmission with a wire brush. Take the power/ground cable off, brush it, and brush the area it is connecting to, and check that there is no corrosion on the bolt or washer.

If it isn't a grounding/short issue, you have a bad relay somewhere.

·
Registered
86 Toyota Supra N/A
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hit all the connectors on the chassis and block/transmission with a wire brush. Take the power/ground cable off, brush it, and brush the area it is connecting to, and check that there is no corrosion on the bolt or washer.

If it isn't a grounding/short issue, you have a bad relay somewhere.
Ok thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts