Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, we finally got to dyno the car after the rebuild, and sean from torque freaks came down to tune. he did an awesome job and would recommend him for any high hp supra w/aem.

my question is that the dyno was just fine untill we started raising the boost controller, and could not boost higher than 21 p.s.i. then we just passed up the boost controller and tried to hit max boost but the highest we hit was 23 or 24 p.s.i. We then thought it was the wastegate, so we swiched to another and got the same results. is my turbo messed up, or cracked manifold, wastegate, or something else that we have passed up? any help will do.

·
Number three Hardtopper
586 Posts
What type of wastegate/ spring do you have? What is the lowest boost you can boost?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jbsupra95 said:
What type of wastegate/ spring do you have? What is the lowest boost you can boost?
sorry, I have the greddy t-88, w/ the wastegate that comes with it, 1.1 - 1.5bar spring, lowest boost about 15 p.s.i.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
1.5 bar spring is your problem, its only going to let you boost to 1.5 * 14.55psi...or 21.825psi. Sounds to me like everything is working fine.

·
I smell C-16 ;D
639 Posts
LYTLdiablo said:
1.5 bar spring is your problem, its only going to let you boost to 1.5 * 14.55psi...or 21.825psi. Sounds to me like everything is working fine.
No, that is what boost controllers are for. If they are hooked up right and working the spring doesn't play a huge factor. I have run Turbonetics Racegates with a 9 psi. spring to 30 psi before. With no problems. Make sure the boost controler is hooked up right and if it is is it working. Otherwise diablo is correct without a boost controller the most you can make is 22-23 psi. Drew

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have a T88H, but swapped my spring out for the same one you have. I can boost to about 27psi max right now, but that is because my wastegate screw is backed out all the way. If you tighten the screw a few turns you should be able to hold higher boost. Otherwise its a BC problem.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help, so what I am hearing is that I should have a much bigger spring and my bc is messed up, and what I am hearing is that if I remove the bc, i will only be able to boost up to the max potential of the spring, or will I push unlimited boost? is my bc installed wrong?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts