Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MOST RETARDED THING I HAVE EVER SAID !!!!!!!!!!! lol

well im building up my supra SERIOUSLY !!!! i just ordered rims and tires today and a turbo XS boost controller, and a greddy turbo timer, im waiting on a BLITZ DD blow off valve hardpipe kit from japan, as well new 935 motorsports suspension kit, exhaust kit, and intake kit... and brembo oem rotor replacement.... also new A pillar gauges, boost, intake temp, and exhaust temp, and i think i might replace the factory boost with a vaccum gauge... other than that im eventually gonna get a hardpipe kit, new front mount intercooler, and im open to more suggestions.... but im still waitin on these parts... but the real question is after the 7mgte was sitting for 4 years and all i did was a basic oil change and a serious tune up how long should i wait to go hard on the engine, such as, OVER 16 PSI and TAKIN IT OVER 5500 or 6000 RPM`s ... or even flooring it for that matter, also i have a lobe knock like i got low oil, oil is no prob but how long should i ride it easy before i race ??? whats your opinion????

·
Ask First Search Later
519 Posts
try 500 miles first,like breaking in a new engine,after that if that knock is still there,GET IT CHECKED,because theres a very good possiblity its rodknock.but try 500 miles and keep a close watch on oil and oil pressure and coolant and temp. because with sitting that long seals could have dried up and be leaking.

·
Registered
208 Posts
your not gunna be going far with more than 16psi and 6000rpm's on the stock fuel system and stock headgasket either(that's controversial...but bottom line, you'll be a shitload safer with a rebuilt engine with a metal headgasket) The rest sounds pretty nice though. Your supra will be more decked out than mine, that's for sure. I dunno about the blowoff valve, assuming you got the regular afm still in there. you'll run rich when u let off the throttle and backfire or stall.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well.... how much would a rebuild cost me because i have limited cash supply, and its not rod knock, its lobe, low fuel and i think 500 miles would solve that situation, i could do my headgasket.... but i wanna rebuild, if its just a basic honing how much do you all think that would be? thanx alot and i hope to be gettin to engishtown NJ or ATCO speedway to get my 1st time slip, and my fuel system isnt completely stock, im gettin a fuel pressure regulator, but i do already have high flow 440CC injectors and i have a walbro fuel pump installed... plus to solve the AFM situation what would fix that??? lexus AFM??? or could i keep the stock bypass and the blitz at the same time and do a 50 recirc / and a 50 atmosphere ??? let me know my possible situations and cheap fixes, again thx, lata -matt-

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
You say you dont have the cash for a rebuild, but you have the cash for all those other mods you are talkin about? I also noticed you wanna run it pretty hard but you are asking for "cheap" fixes. It can be done, but the engine will not last too long, trust me. You said you are building your Supra up "SERIOUSLY" but you have left out MANY important parts of a serious buildup. Seems that you are on stock AFM, no fuel computer, a mediocre fuel system (high flow 440s?? you mean STOCK injectors?) and stock turbo?? I see no mods listed that will allow you to run 16 psi. You need to do way more research before you begin to mod your car. Search here on the forums, theres plenty of info. Gotta crawl before you walk man, dont try to jus jump in a crank up the boost without doing the otehr necessary mods first.

·
Registered
208 Posts
about the afm thing....no the lex won't solve your problem. some guys run the stock bypass valve with a blowoff valve. Your car will run a lot better that way. or you can just recirculate the blowoff valve back into the intake like the stock one and get rid of the stock valve. And yeah 7m's come stock with 440's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i know there stock size, but high flow.... there a little bit upgraded and cheap, and capible of about 400 hp... im only looking to make 340 or even 350 .... on 935 motorsports is where i got the injectors... at this point im gonna do the HKS metal headgasket and a cleaning and honing... so its final... im not too worried about this car in a year or so, im sellin in like 3 or 4 months... im just having fun with this one, next im gonna go for a NA MKIV and maybe do a FULL 2jz-gte swap, tranny and all.... so im open to any other suggestions, and im going to run a bypass with the blitz, so any other suggestions would be nice, thx lata , BTW i boughts yakahama 17" rims and 1/2 and 1/2 compound hankook tires yesterday, picked up a boost controller, and ordered a turbo timer, and A-pillar pods & a exhaust temp gauge and a boost gauge

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
A serious build up ? I guess i'm missing something cause i see nothing but a "serious" dress-up. I there's anything knocking in the engine get that thing rebuild first, then dress the thing up.

Also Highflow 440's ? There is no such thing as a high flow 440. A 440 will only flow 440. The pressure fuelpressure can be cranked up with a FPR but it'll still be 440.

Also you can't just slap a mhg on, you have to disassemble the bottom end and get the deck and timing cover decked. Don't try doing it yourself with the bottom end still assembled if you've never done it before. You'll get dirt all over the engine and will have to get it rebuild very soon afterwards.

And keep in mind there are 3 options available: cheap, reliable, fast. You can only pick 2.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well with that in mind... i guess my injectors arent 800 hp material but im not goin crazy on this supra anyway, my upgraded gt28 cartridge is enough to keep mostly stock and boost a lil more psi, but i had my mechanic come over this morning, and i called the old owner, first and foremost the best news ever, almost all new gaskets, the only one that isnt new is intake manifold, and the engine had just been brought up to spec by toyota of westbury long island before it was laid to rest when i found it, it was only parked because of the divorce that the couple went through.... and my engine was just a little below on oil hence the knock, but my seal on the turbo doesnt look 100 % but good enough to run how i want it, so its almost all good except for that seal, i only have a little carbon buildup... so my plans are changing a little more, im gonna put a little more $ into the body.... so let me know what ya think, lata

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
You shouldn't run more than stock boost if it's knocking; it maybe the cams, but I would still be careful. Rod knock will destroy your engine block!

The stock healthy engine is capable of what you want, it can take 350 WHP easy, but you will definately not get those numbers on the stock CT-26. lol.

I've seen many kids rush into buy an MK3 thinking it's a stepping stone to the MK4, but those kids soon realize that the MK3 requires too much attention. Many of them end up getting rod knock and/or bhg.

Just a word of advice, if you want something that's fast and cheap, domestic cars seem to have that down. You can pick up a F-body mustang or some of the older IROC camaros. Parts for them are abundant and you can build them up quite cheaply. The tolerances for the engines don't seem to be as strict as the 7m either. Heck my friend and I hand honed his '91 mustang's bad cylinders and hand lapped the block deck and engine head. It has over 10k miles on it now and no problems yet. lol. :bigthumb:

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
scarface, please do yourself and all of us a favor: sell your car now... Not in 3-4 months, NOW! And please dont buy an MKIV NA and plan to do a 2JZGTE swap, you'll ruin that too... Just buy a Honda Civic or a Hundai Tiburon, at least people EXPECT you to rice those things out...

Serious build... Hmmm... Serious build eh? You wanna see a SERIOUS build, go here: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8975

THAT'S a serious build...

Want a few more? How about this one?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13
Or this one?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3321
And another? *with a 2J swap*
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9262

You have no clue what a "serious" build is... Put your little wheels on, and remember not to check your fluid levels, always trust what the previous owner says and when you car locks up and dies, sell it for parts and get a Honda... You wanna be SERIOUS, let me know, I'll help you build... You wanna be rice and concern your cash to "body mods", dont waste my time...

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
i think your spending your money on the wrong parts, whats the point of buying all those useless parts if your engine spins a bearing or blows the head gasket? all the bov's and boost controllers in the world arent gunna fix that. spend the money on th engine and get it fixed before you do any mod to it. remember once you get rod knock its not going to get better just worse. so my suggestion to you is to fix everything that is wrong then buy mods for it.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
i like how u said...serious tune up :lol:

sorry to clown u man, but that made me laugh.

yeah...youre 17 tho, im not gonna give u shit like everyone else here. U live and learn.

step one in owning an old car...make it reliable before making it fast.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Reign_Maker said:
scarface, please do yourself and all of us a favor: sell your car now... Not in 3-4 months, NOW! And please dont buy an MKIV NA and plan to do a 2JZGTE swap, you'll ruin that too... Just buy a Honda Civic or a Hundai Tiburon, at least people EXPECT you to rice those things out...

Serious build... Hmmm... Serious build eh? You wanna see a SERIOUS build, go here: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8975

THAT'S a serious build...

Want a few more? How about this one?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13
Or this one?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3321
And another? *with a 2J swap*
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9262

You have no clue what a "serious" build is... Put your little wheels on, and remember not to check your fluid levels, always trust what the previous owner says and when you car locks up and dies, sell it for parts and get a Honda... You wanna be SERIOUS, let me know, I'll help you build... You wanna be rice and concern your cash to "body mods", dont waste my time...

:iwdumbass

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Johnny Dangerously said:
yeah...youre 17 tho, im not gonna give u shit like everyone else here. U live and learn.

step one in owning an old car...make it reliable before making it fast.
Yur right Johnny, I should've recognized that and not been so hard on him, but... You know... BLAH! Like you said, make it relieable before making it fast, and make it reliable before making it look good... And before you build, research...

:)
cnewingham said:
the Rookie met the Maker.
:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts