Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finnaly got the 550cc USDM injectors in my fully JDM 2jz-gte setup.. from ECU to injectors. But now i run the 550cc's... I turned the car on.. Idle was perfect, started up just fine like it should. but after i turned it off.. and tried again.. it took 3 good cranks... ( like 1 crank took 4 seconds) and then it finnally turned on again. Im using a Custom made 12 OHM resistance Resister pack. and it does this everytime now. it has a very hard time starting.. it almsot feels like it turns on by chance. and it doesn't turn on sluggish... Fires right up quickly. Anyone have any idea why its doing this? please help out!!

Drove the car it runs Just fine. pulls great, and doesnt run rich as i thought it would.

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
I ran usdm cams, injectors and a usdm resistor pack. JDM ecu and motor, USDM harness. NO issues on my single setup. Might be different with stock twins I guess.

Check your resistance to make sure you are the same as a USDM resistor pack.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its 12 Ohms. im running single as well. but i had no problem like this before.. i think its my resister pack..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
98mkiv said:
Check your resistance to make sure you are the same as a USDM resistor pack.

yeah the usdm is 6ohm.. and the one i have is 12ohm resistance could this be the problem?

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
I'd think so..... but I can't tell for sure. That would be the logical first step in your list of things to replace.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think i found out the problem today after speaking to a supraforums member...Is it possible that this starting problem is caused by TOO much fuel being squirted? and it overflows? if so.. cant i use an AFC to controll the fuel.. ? is the SAFC II or III a good fuel controller?

also i have the sparkplugs (denso platinums) to stock.. im running single 63mm turbo.. at 10psi... would changing the gapping on the plugs help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts