Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me less than an hour to do, i was surprised.

but what really surprised me was when i started the car without a cat back on there :eek: :eek: :eek: Wow is all i can say. never knew a 3 liter could sound so mean :p Hopefully thats what my ATR will sound like.

My car is completely quiet now, its depressing, except for a twangy kinda burbly noise at 2500 that the header produces at that rpm.

anyhow responsiveness is definately more pronounced. it feels stronger, but im not sure the rpms are moving any quicker when i watch the tach. im going to test it out a bit more, but i do feel a gain in torque.

Next step, new (not so big) exhaust.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rob Allen said:
So you sold your exhaust? I'll sell you my ATR cheap. Let me know.
Rob

PS:I'm buying a HKS TI !
Havnt sold it yet....but i've been meaning to test out how much backpressure i'd been losing. I just took it off, it's all cleaned up and sitting on my back porch. You still want to work something out? i took 15 pictures of it, and im going to send them in to get developed tommorow, and get a picture cd back with that. It'll take me until the end of this week before i can get the pictures up.

and just so u know, the spot i thought was rust, wasnt rust. The piping is in great shape. you'll see when i get the pictures up. let me know if your still interested.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i just got back from driving around. the low end is SO much better than with my 95mm drager.

I have limited slip, and i powerbraked to 3/4 throttle, and the tires just lit up. i could have held them there and smoked em for as long as a wanted. no trouble whatsoever. what have i been missing all this time :p.

PS. my AFC is detuned now and the top end feels a bit sluggish, you can kinda feel the stock exhaust bottle necking with the muffler and resonators.

Hopefully i wont lose too much low end when i end up picking up a 76.1mm (3inch) ATR exhaust....its not TOO much bigger than stock...

·
Senior
1,476 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
so i just got back from driving around. the low end is SO much better than with my 95mm drager.

I have limited slip, and i powerbraked to 3/4 throttle, and the tires just lit up. i could have held them there and smoked em for as long as a wanted. no trouble whatsoever. what have i been missing all this time :p.

PS. my AFC is detuned now and the top end feels a bit sluggish, you can kinda feel the stock exhaust bottle necking with the muffler and resonators.

Hopefully i wont lose too much low end when i end up picking up a 76.1mm (3inch) ATR exhaust....its not TOO much bigger than stock...
The Xerd was developed & rated with the stock exhaust. Is your lsd factory original? Any one here tried a Tru Trac?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stock LSD, im one of the lucky ones :p

yea, as for rating the header with the stock exhaust, i can tell im not as slow as i probably should be, i mean its still good top end, but not like it was. the needle jumps when i get on it down low though, i love it.... minus the ricer sound coming out right now...its pretty tinny around 2.5k...nothing i can do about it though...just wait for the ATR, which will hopefully come sooner than later.

RobAllen: i'll email you as soon as i get the pictures back with the picture CD. nothing like digital quality pics.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
supraman1993 said:
how much do you want for your drager?
im asking 500 for it, or some kind of trade involving an ATR exhaust. Right now RobAllen and i are probably workign something out, hes just waiting for me to get pictures up by the end of the week.

if your are NA though, i strongly discourage you from getting this exhaust, unless you plan to go turbo very very soon.

gammimnon, if thats what my car will sound like, i cant wait:p .

does anyone know the exact size of the piping on the stock exhaust. before and after it splits into two pipes?

·
Big Member
570 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
im asking 500 for it, or some kind of trade involving an ATR exhaust. Right now RobAllen and i are probably workign something out, hes just waiting for me to get pictures up by the end of the week.

if your are NA though, i strongly discourage you from getting this exhaust, unless you plan to go turbo very very soon.

gammimnon, if thats what my car will sound like, i cant wait:p .

does anyone know the exact size of the piping on the stock exhaust. before and after it splits into two pipes?
i'm na now but im talkin to daveh if ya know what i mean;)

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
supraman1993 said:
i'm na now but im talkin to daveh if ya know what i mean;)
just out of curiosity...how far are you from Blacksheare?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i now have pictures for those who are interested. i can email them.

Rob Allen: you have email

1 - 11 of 11 Posts