Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have found a pretty good deal for both turbos + manifold + downpipe and was wondering if you could do the same thing with the exhaust manifolds that we do with the intake manifolds?

IE cut them/MIG weld them/even out the chambers and so forth?
The only reason I have no clue is because I don't know exactly how the exhaust mani is set up or anything so I can't decide...
What do you think?

Thanks for any suggestions..ideas..or thoughts.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one even wants to read it... good old supraforums

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
it could be either no one knows, or they just dont feel like posting because they have nothign else to say? but im sure it can be done with some $$ but why spend all the money for tt when you could just go sp63 or something. i would think putting the twin turbos on isnt just, making or finding an exhaust manifold for the mkiv tt turbos that fits on the 7m, but you also have to see if hte y pipe will fit(clearence) and then the turbos may hit the firewall so you might have to fix that. its just easier to go single. but it would be pretty cool

·
///M3 > MKIII
2,302 Posts
anything could be done with time and $ man... but honestly I don't think its worth either...if you're on a budget you could have your CT-26 upgraded and it'll put down as much as a set of stock twins will.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
I guess it depends on what you want... if you've got money to blow and pride yourself on being different, I'd say go for it. That was one of the reasons I went TT on my NA MKIV (except the having $ to blow lol)

·
Breakin' Stuff
91 Posts
I would not recommend cutting the manifold and welding other plates of metal to it. Being that it is cast iron under a lot of heat means it could very well want to crack on you. Besides that, cast metals are somewhat diffucult to weld, It probably has to do with the amount of carbon in them. I am no JZ expert, but I would doubt that your manifold is a direct bolt on. I suppose that you could get your own exhaust manifold made, but you probably have better options than the amount of money you could spend on that.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well; I could get the setup for significantly less than an sp63 or any of those at all. Plus; I could make more then my money back by selling my turbo + my downpipe. That is how cheap I can get them.

Which type of weld would be the most effective? Cost not being an option here since this would be the most necessary part to do right.

And no I don't have money to blow but for the entire setup I want on my car; this can produce more horsepower quicker and cheaper than the upgraded CT route.

Also; if I did this I could potentially upgrade both turbo's; in which event I would have to go MAFT blowby... but who knows...

·
Registered
961 Posts
Well if they are available so cheap to you why not buy then and sell them and purchase a simpler, proven sp63 setup or something simular to this?

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
yes you can do it, but you will spend much more time and money then a basic single upgrade..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts