Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what you guys do you when you store your car for the winter. Do you change the oil before you store it and then change it again when you take it out from storage. Just curious to see how you guys prepared your supra for storage. Thanks.
Kevin

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'll be putting my car away soon as well... the weather has been unseasonaly warm in Chicago for the past month, so I haven't done so yet.

I usually do a few things when storing it:

Change Oil
Change Spark Plugs
Fresh Coat of Wax

I still take it out every ~4 weeks or so just so it can stretch it's legs. The car still has the same battery it came with from the factory, never had to change it and it's never died on me either.

-m

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I just put mine away for the winter this past weekend. I put some gas stabilazer in the tank and filled the tank, running it for awhile to make sure the treated gas was in the whole system. I also put about 42psi in all of the tires to prevent flat-spotting. I had only put about 400 milies on it since the last oil change a couple weeks ago so I didn't change it again. Also don't fprget to bump your insurance down to only comp if you are not going to be driving it for until spring. I also plan to start it up every 3 weeks or so, just to circulate the oil andkeep the battery charged.
Hopefully I didn't forget to do anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts